Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Final Fantasy Dimensions II (android/iPhone)

A countdown page for an Android/iPhone Final Fantasy
http://www.jp.square-enix.com/FF_NEW/jp/

More information later today. Right now it just has a message that I'm loosely translating.

The Final Fantasy,
Charismatic characters.
Emotional Battles.
And most of all, never forget, Fantasy.

Game Creator - Takashi Tokita

Takashi Tokita was the director for Chrono Trigger. Coincidentally, the page has artwork of a girl and clock by Final Fantasy Illustrator Yoshitaka Amano. So there are rumors it might be a crossover of Final Fantasy and Chrono Trigger. We'll find out more later to day.
Scratch that. They just updated it. It's Final Fantasy Legends Dimensions II.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=py6efkPdkvY

I guess the English version is Dimensions II. They had to change the name because Final Fantasy Legends was what they retitled the SaGa game on the original GameBoy.

Honestly I hadn't heard of Dimensions I. But then, the jrpg news sites I follow don't cover mobile games just because...well, if you've played them you'd know why.

Edit:
FF:Dimensions looks like fan game. But there was also Japan-only social rpg Called FF: Legends | Crystal of time and space.
That game doesn't looks so bad, I think I remember seeing screenshot of it once. So it's possible this is a sequel to that.
There's still no information on if it'll be a free-to-play social rpg, or if it'll even leave Japan. But the preregister item reward suggests that's what it is.

Edit2:
After digging some more, The Girl in the artwork is definitely Chronos from FFL:Crystal of Time and Space. Or Space-Time Crystal, as I've seen it written. So maybe it is unrelated to the Dimensions game in the App store?

Edit3:
Ah hah! That explains it. Dimensions wasn't even developed by Square-Enix. They published it, but it was developed by Matrix Software, who was in charge of all the Final Fantasy smartphone ports.
But seriously, what does published mean these days? It used the Square-Enix appstore account?

I'm going through a lot of emotions right now. :biggrin: :grin: :smile: :blank: :huh: :|: :mad: :pissed: :cry:

It's worst, they're social rpgs.

It's funny reading articles about this now, the people writing them must not play Final Fantasy. Like, there's a preregistering reward to get Tidus' "Fraternity" Sword...it should be "Brotherhood" :box:

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.