Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

[Filled] Ok, autosave question

I know there are autosave scripts out there, but I'm not really sure if they're the one's I want.
I need to know if there is a way to autosave but ONLY when it is requested to do so, in other words, I don't want the autosave to save every exact movement or anything, i just want it to autosave (in the right save slot) whenever i tell it to.
... get it?
like at the end of cut scenes or a quest or something...

jbrist":2qu9mc0f said:
You can just make this an event.
At the end of a cutscene or whatever just make an event asking do you want to save.

But will this automatically save it in the correct save slot?  Or will it just bring up the save menu?

I think the OP wants it to autosave to the correct slot, without the menu popping up.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.