Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

[FILLED] Easiest fucking menu ever.

First off, this is Despain. I'm on a secondary account because I was accidentally banned (and yes- it was accidentaly. The warning system is glitched and added instead of subtracting).

Now that that's cleared up, this is for my Two Week Game contest entry. Ah, yes. That's why I don't want to wait until my real account is unbanned.

It's really fucking simple- take a look.

http://img222.imageshack.us/img222/1896 ... bledn6.png[/img]

Displays the gold, the game's level (the number determined by a variable, please). Then there's three options: items, which calls the item menu, roster, which calls a common event, and exit, which returns to the game and backs out of the menu.

Should be really easy. And as I said, this is for the contest, so I need it as soon as possible. Of course you'll be credited, and if I win the contest, in which the prize is twenty dollars, I'll throw you a few of them through paypal.

Thanks.

Despain does do a good job asking for simple things well (as aposed to "give me a mario cart script").

Thanks, I always try to make things easy for whoever would take the time to help me. Most of the time whenever I request something it's basically framework and menu stuff that calls a common event that I'd do myself. Like with my battle system. I could easily have made it so much more complex with the ammunition system and everything, but Mr. Mo did plenty with the active count thing, and I can do the rest easily with events.

Plus I always make sure to provide clear examples. That way I don't really get a bunch of people asking me to clarify and- like this topic- I can come back from being gone all day and find it done.

No idea whose I'll go with, heh. I thank everybody for taking the time to do this for me, however little. I'll try Mr. Mo's version first, since he helped me a lot with my Sandfall battle system and did such a great job. Thank you everyone, and we can call this resolved.

Edit: After messing with them, Linkin T's has a really cool drop-down effect that I think I'll go with. I feel bad that I can't use all of them. :x

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.