Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

[FILLED] Deterioration System

Before I delve into this script, may I warn people that they might find this somewhat morbid and I hope that the system does not strike any raw nerves or upset anyone who may be close to the subject matter.

The basic set up is, the character in question (from here on known as Kayou) is a very weak girl. She is slowly dying from a heart problem, and while her frail frame may be a deceptive shell for an extremely strong martial artist, her powerful fighting techniques take a toll on her body.

What I want is a system that gives Kayou an unremovable status effect which, after a certain amount of time (say 5min realtime?), detracts 1hp from her MAX HP. Medicine can raise her MaxHP again, but over time she will grow steadily weaker. Also, I want a way to make it so that all of Kayou's special techniques also detract from her MaxHP.

Any help with the script would be much appreciated! :D

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.