Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

[Filled by Faller]

Hi~

I have a request for RPGMaker XP.

I need a script (edit) that makes the screen not follow the player when the player moves. Here's a list of features:

- Not follow the player when the player moves.
- Follow the player when the player moves again without first returning to center on player.
- Have a feature/script call that returns the screen to center on the player (also compatible after scrolling the map with Map Scroll).

Payment through PayPal.

Thank you!! ^^

Hello.

First of all, I don't really want the payment. We are here because we love to learn, to help, and to play, (at least I feel that way), so dont worry about payment.

So, I have already made the script for you, but theres a part of your request that I don't understand, do you want the screen to go to the center of player by pressing a Key?

I can post the script now if you want though...

Wow, that's great! ^^ Thank you so much.

Regarding payment; All right, if you're sure. ^^;

As for returning the screen to center on the player, a script call would be fine. Or turning a game switch on, if that's easier for you, but then you'd have the issue of having to turn it off again properly.

think about this:

if your screen doesn't follow your character, and you move too far away from it, then it wouldn't be possible to activate an event, because you can't see it. unless you set a timer for the screen to start following player again.
Do you get what I'm trying to say? kinda hard to explain...

This is for cutscene purposes only. :) There the player usually runs out of screen, and some villains appear to say their thing. I'd like the screen to lock at this point so the screen stays behind to watch the villains. Then the screen fades to black & I want to re-center it on the player.

Does that fix what you meant?

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.