Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

FFX Blitzball Player Selection

Ok, need a script like the ffx blitzball player selection for my game Pokemon:Windchasers. I really had no idea how to name the script so thats what i came up with as the idea is from the game, anyway onto some details about the system.

For the people who havent played FFX i will explain as much as i can about the idea. In a certain point in the game you have the ability play blitzball, after the match is completed a new action becomes avaliable if you talk to people. So, say i walked up to Joe (just a random name) and hit "X" then the character would normally talk but if i was to hit "square" then stats on the screen would pop up with how much he is worth and what position he can play. At least i think that is what come up, havent played ffx in a while.

What i want is something similar, so i want the "a" button to talk normally to the NPC and if you press "b" and if they are someone you can have on your crew a status screen will pop up saying:

Name
Crew Position- IE Gunner, Chef, Cabin Boy. (if there is any other crew type positions please add them)
Description- A brief biography about the person
and lastly, what type of pokemon they use. As in elements not the actual pokemon. Heres an example-

Name-Joe Fury

Crew Position-Gunner

Description- Joe was born in a quaint little country town, his father was a hunter which is where learnt how to use a gun. However, the love of pokemon was greater then the thrill of the hunt so he set off on a journet with pokemon, however the gunner in him always remained.

Pokemon- Steel and Ground

Im pretty sure all this could be done with eventing but, i would prefer it to come up in its own little window other then just a whole bunch of text like the normal talking would. I, of course have looked for this but havent had the ability of founding it, i could always look harder i suppose.

IF there is anymore info you need then please state it, hopefully this can be made :)

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.