Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

FFT and FF3 mix battle system

Hey. Im kinda new to the whole ruby thing, and was wondering if someone could make a script for me. I was thinking of something, for VX, like Final Fantasy Tactics. That was the most amazing battle system I have played yet, and am hoping someone could make something like that, but easy to use, and kinda more towards a beginner/easy to use type of thing. Because of VX's kind of FF3 game play on the map, i was thinking that the battle system of Final Fantasy Tactis, could be activated by a random occurrence like in FF3, when walking around the map, battles occurred. So...if you think you could maybe do this, or think its a good idea, please try! (I tried to make a basic ruby script, by trying to rewrite something in VX, and i failed epicly. :cry:) So yeah. Thats it. :grin:

There's a few of these around the site maybe you should do a few searches. Specifically look for "Tactical Battle System" I've got a few myself although I'm not sure when or where I got them from, they were mostly for experimentation.

dricc

The GTBS is what you need .
It's not very easy , but it is not possible to make something easy for a tactical rpg .
But the GTBS is not the most difficult part ... the most difficult is the iso mapping . There is very few ressources .

I made one myself , you can use it without credit :

to use the iso, what would i have to do? and i did get a download for the script from the site here. Also, like it needs the characters and enemys to be animated so is there a VX enemy maker?

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.