Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

FFIII iOS - Worth getting?

Final Fantasy III was just released for iOS (iPod touch, iPad, iPhone).

Is it worth getting?

It's the only FF that was never released in Europe on it's original release (SNES, I believe).

I have FF1 and FF2 on my ipod touch. Played them a bit but they aren't really as involved and in depth as the later games in the series.

Wondered if anyone has FF3 on iOS, as it's £10, as opposed to the £2.39 I payed for 1 and 2... Seems pretty much for an "app".

candle

Sponsor

actually, 3 was an nes title. the 3 that was on the snes was actually 6, but it was the third one released in the us. as for the ios version of 3 (the original), i believe its just a port of the ds remake, which is why it costs so much more than 1 and 2

I've never played ANY pre-7 before now and feel bad for this. I'm waiting for the anthology (4 and 5?) purely because that box art was cool as cucumbers.

FF45.jpg

Jason

Awesome Bro

Well in my opinion, the best pre-7 Final Fantasy game is Final Fantasy IV, although other people have said it's VI, I've not played VI all the way through (Infact, I'm not even that far in, only 6 hours lol, I should play it some more), while I've heard from some people that V is the best, yet it's the only Final Fantasy game I've not played and it doesn't really seem to interest me to be honest so I doubt I'll get around to it.

moog

Sponsor

VI is the best one, not by opinion but by gameplay, plot, music and time consumption. IV is great too, ill agree but its beatable in under 15 hours. V is terrible. The OST is great though.

You dont have to say pre-7 though, since there are much better FFs than 7 (its amazing, but highly overrated).

moog

Sponsor

Mega Flare":3eog9yle said:
Como FF3 never came out in the USA ether... but it did come out like 4 years ago on the DS. and no dont get it . its pure crap

if it came out on the DS in america, then it didnt come out in america? I dont get this, or are you referring to the NES version?

The original FF3 never came out in North America. We got the 3D Remake for DS a few years ago.

The DS version was also released in Europe. So the iPhone version is not the first one available to you. However it is a direct port of the DS version.

I didn't like FF3. FF4, 5, and 6 are the best FF games in my opinion. FF6 being my favorite of them.

Jason

Awesome Bro

tobacco goldfish":2ui9xpq0 said:
VI is the best one, not by opinion but by gameplay, plot, music and time consumption. IV is great too, ill agree but its beatable in under 15 hours. V is terrible. The OST is great though.

You dont have to say pre-7 though, since there are much better FFs than 7 (its amazing, but highly overrated).

Lol "the best one, not by opinion", that's like saying it definitely IS the best one, whereas that IS your opinion, lol, I don't think it's the best so therefore it definitely isn't because not everyone agrees, haha.

And by pre-7 he means the sprite-based games, since 7, as horribly lego modelled as it was, is the first 3D entry, it's just how people refer to 'em.

moog

Sponsor

the above post is a joke jbrist jsyk :P (just messing with you)

my point was moreso that its the most well made FF, I guess I should have said it that way. it has the most depth in every area

I've only played I so far of the two I bought. It's uh... heh. It's like Zelda II that I got for gameboy advance, it's very basic and has pretty much no storyline at all. I guess that can be good, but it seems like it SHOULD have an indepth storyline. It seems like they're trying to put one across but it just isn't there. It clearly isn't just a fetch the crystals game, and yet... it's just a fetch the crystals game.

I like 1, because I got to make a party of 4 characters. :X

So I played it a lot. XD

I've never played 3 myself, so I couldn't say if it was any good or not.

The only DS FF game I wanted to play was IV, though I like the artwork of 3. <3

moog

Sponsor

yeah ff3 is an lol fetch the crystals game. SE knew that which is why they actually attempted to make a story for the DS but it still was mediocre. 1 was awesome.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.