Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Few requests

Sorry if what i wrote was missunderstood i just was in a hurry.
here's a description +Pics for what im asking for:
Request No1:
http://i537.photobucket.com/albums/ff33 ... tled-2.png[/img] (yeah i edited it a little :P took me hours on the photoshop)
when i press the craft button it goes to this page:
http://i537.photobucket.com/albums/ff33 ... tled-3.png[/img]
it all goes ok and stuff but when i press cancel/Esc instead of going back on the craft button, it goes on the "items" button. so actually what i wanted is that when i go back to the menu from each of the windows it will go back on the button it was before (it's already working for the: status, equip, skills and items but it wont work on the other ones :/
help will be really appriciated.
Request No2: (the harder one :P)
i need a equipment window that will look just like this:
http://i537.photobucket.com/albums/ff33 ... lx/123.png[/img]
Request No3:
i will need a edit to the advanced crafting system that will make the craft screen look like this:
http://i537.photobucket.com/albums/ff33 ... ftcopy.png[/img]
more request to come later :P
thanks in advance to whoever will help :),

I think I can help with the first one, but not the second thing. When creating your menu, if you add or remove commands, this often occurs. Pretty much, I have found that just going into the script and altering the index number manually will fix things up.

So basically, the main menu is called by $scene_menu.new Whenever you choose something (like items, equipment, etc.) you open a new scene (so when you select "Craft" it probable opens a new scene, probable named $scene_craft) What you will have to do is find your Scene_craft script (or whatever creates the craft screen) and find the part which deals with cancelling (it will probably say something like if input trigger (something)) and then it will say

Code:
$scene = Scene_Menu.new(some_number)

The location where it says some_number you need to insert a different number. What this does is it tells the current scene to end and changes the scene back to scene_menu (the main menu) with a menu index of the number provided. So the top item would be 0, and next 1, and so on. Unfortunately your menu isn't in a straight line so I can't tell you what it should be. It appears you have it at 0 (or it might just say $scene_menu.new in that case) and then you just need to put in the index number. My guess is that it should be 4.

To give you and idea, this is a part of the Scene_Equip so you can see what I am talking about:

Code:
  #--------------------------------------------------------------------------
  # * Return to Original Screen
  #--------------------------------------------------------------------------
  def return_scene
    $scene = Scene_Menu.new(2) #This is the line you need to alter the index number of!
  end

Granted, the above is taken from Scene_Equip, and you need to find the one in your Scene_Craft script and alter the number, or, if there is no number, add one. Hopefully this is what you needed and I didn't misunderstand.

Sorry I can't really help with the creation of an equip scene as I have no experience with windows.... yet. But, I hope this helps, and if you need anything else feel free to PM or something =)

Best Wishes
-Scarecrow580

thanks man this really helped me!!!
the other  arnt that neccesary as this 1 but theyll make my game cooler :P
anyway thanks it has been 4 days since i asked for help and your the only 1 who helped

(tho i still dunno how to get back from the load scene back to the load button but that's minor problem i'll better remove it from the menu to set less buttons >.>)

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.