Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Few minor custom ideas.

What I Request
What I have in mind is as such, a few simple things:

• Acquired Energy System - Not so much a system as it is a tool. Basically this includes 3 things: A global variable to store the Energy, in this case Darkness; An end battle report with current Darkness and Darkness gained. These two are fairly easy. The third one is the most important part: Each actor has a new "stat", Darkness, which is increased by opening an option in the game menu, choosing an active party actor and investing Darkness.
    ---
  • Evolution Process - When a certain amount of Darkness is invested in a party member, he evolves ala Pokemon style, just not as flashy. Perhaps a simple message and switch actor command with retained level.

And more specifically
Now, regarding each of the 3 in separate, more elaborate concepts.

• Global Variable - This is a singular general number, much like money. It should replace the steps counter and show how much darkness the player has. Darkness is "dropped" in battle - Each monster has a certain amount of Darkness it drops. The script should contain a way insert the amount, along the lines of [Enemy ID X = Y Darkness]
    *Note: I am using Fomar0153's Enemies' Stats From Actors (with levels) script (found here: http://www.rmxp.org/forums/index.php?topic=18771.0). By noting this I mean that enemies have levels and thus the Darkness drop should be affected: Something along the lines of [Base Darkness Drop * {Level/2}] or some such. In other words - keep in mind to integrate the level script and the system.
    ---
  • After Battle Report - This speaks for itself: shows current and gained Darkness, in addition to other, normal things. Feel free to integrate it to any other battle report script you see fit. If need be, you may direct me to ask permission from the owner of the script you wish to use.
    ---
  • Darkness Investing - The hard part. I want a new option in the menu which is called Feed. This activates a select party member marker in the party member list. You choose a party member and it opens a a scene as such: An input number which is maxed at the current Darkness or at the amount of Darkness needed to evolve. This whole scene should be simple, but it presents the most meaty part of the script: The Actor Darkness stat block in the script: It should contain The Darkness needed to evolve and which Actor they evolve to. Given there are 23 base actors with a number with 3 and 2 forms, this accumulates well into a total of 50 playable actors.
    ------
  • The Evolution - Simplest part, not much to expand on. If Darkness X is reached, message is displayed and actor is changed. Simple I believe.

EDIT: This isn't quite as important as other things in the lists, though it is self implied at most - Darkness needed should be in the status window, or some such.

EDIT 2: No need to undertake, a friend of mine had already nearly finished it. Can be closed and is effectively answered. Leave this around if anyone wants a God of War like spell progression thing or some such so there won't be an extra request for the same thing.

Closing and Contact
For closing, I'd like to add that credits will be duly credited in both game credits and as an NPC.
If you have any further questions regarding my request, you may contact me via MSN or YIM:
MSN: midgard_dragon@hotmail.com
YIM: anaximx

Thanks in advance for assistance and services rendered, should such be given.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.