Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

[FEATURE] Points: Phase 2

Phase two of the points system, which was supposed to be there all along but now is, is somewhat of a forum RPG sortof gimmick.

For a start, instead of individual categories, you now see an EXP bar, which shows how far you've got until a new level.

Then, you get not only a title, but a cute little graphic created by Perihelion. The graphic is based on your profile's chosen gender, your title (e.g. L1 Slime), and a random number assigned to you, kinda like shinies in Pokemon. So in theory, your little icon is unique to you (although numbers break this of course).

The EXP bar has been tested in Firefox, Chrome, and Internet Explorer. It displays reasonably in IE but can't be the same due to various cross-browser differences.

For example, at level 2, I am a sewer rat:
m01b.png
m01a.png
m01c.png
m01d.png

Looks real nice, though I still think it's a shame that I won't be leveling up so much due to the fact that I mostly post in Rec & General because I've lost my copy of RMXP. There isn't a possiblity that those posts would count to a fifth of an Exp (or a separate lvl)? (and it's really just a question)

LiquidMetal91":1uy9h585 said:
Looks real nice, though I still think it's a shame that I won't be leveling up so much due to the fact that I mostly post in Rec & General because I've lost my copy of RMXP. There isn't a possiblity that those posts would count to a fifth of an Exp (or a separate lvl)? (and it's really just a question)

You certainly don't need RPG Maker to get points!

Rec Room and General will never give points. But there are many other ways than just making games. You get points for both creation and/or discussion, so:

- Posting games, commenting on games, reviewing games
- Posting concepts in concept dev, discussing these
- Discussing the contest and people's projects for it
- Offering support in the support forums, or creating properly detailed support topics
- Creating, sharing, and commenting on artwork
- Music
- Discussing game making in game making discussion
- Programming and web development

Basically you'll get exp for doing anything outside of the community centre and other hand boards, pretty much.

Jason":14vcdbpr said:
I quite like the graphics, they're pretty cool :thumb:
That's great; thank Peri, she made them a while ago and they're really awesome. Just wait until people get into the higher levels, they get better :eek:

Huh, that's weird. That one is supposed to be called the mascot something-or-other. Maybe we should double-check the rank names and make sure they're synced up properly to the graphics.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.