Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.
Fat Farming Girl

Fat Farming Girl

This freeware game is about a chubby farmer who is about to lose her farm. In order to keep it, she needs to reinvent herself, or perhaps she will be able to find happiness with the way she is now...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Rh2bnTjov8

Marry your way out of your financial troubles, or get smart and make your farm profitable. Get the bank off of your back by paying off your loan. Or, you could take the easy way out... You could kill whoever tries to get between you and your farm...

More information and screenshots can be found at the link below. This is sort of a Harvest Moon inspired game with an adult twist. If I can get support, I will be expanding this into something really cool. Did I mention it's free?

http://www.fileden.com/files/2009/6/9/2471792//30Nights.zip

She seems paper thin actually, since she moves like Paper Mario.

Jokes aside, the concept seems good enough just the execution needs to bring it home.

Thanks for your input. The characters don't have up and down sprites because this is just a prototype. I thought the effect ended up being cute and different. If people are interested enough, I will be adding more agricultural elements like farming/orchards, mini-games, festivals, additional seasons, etc.

I like where this is going, but of course it needs to be fleshed-out and refined. The controls aren't very good either, I had trouble speaking with the villagers. Also, I think there was a bug, I can't buy sugar. One more thing... personally, playing as a fat girl has no appeal to me. >_>

Maybe you should give people options to choose what kind of character they are and what kind of person they want to court. NPC's and Players of different shapes and sizes.

Mary674":166z33yc said:
I like where this is going, but of course it needs to be fleshed-out and refined. The controls aren't very good either, I had trouble speaking with the villagers. Also, I think there was a bug, I can't buy sugar. One more thing... personally, playing as a fat girl has no appeal to me. >_>

I fixed a few bugs, so you should be able to buy sugar now:

http://www.fileden.com/files/2009/6/9/2471792//30Nights.zip

I am having trouble with the mouse because the character is bigger than the intended size for characters, so it is difficult for players to line up and interact with the events with the mouse. A lot of people are switching to the keyboard controls.

udivision":35ihtjj2 said:
Maybe you should give people options to choose what kind of character they are and what kind of person they want to court. NPC's and Players of different shapes and sizes.

I planned on having a choice to be male or female. I guess I could add sizes, or maybe you could adjust your weight through the gameplay by eating or not eating or something?

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.