Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Fantasy Sango Battle System

Open the animations folder, view animations in database and you will understand. :)
Well...the battler is only a blank png. But its name 'taught' the script which animation used for the battler. The format is:
[BattlerName]---[Stand]---[Defend]---[Struck]---[Run]---[Unknown]---[Die]---[Unknown]
[BattlerName] : anything you like
[Stand], [Defend], [Struck], [Run], [Die] : animation ID using for stand, defend,...
[Unknown] : I don't know. Stupid! >.<
You can change the '---' by another in the script.
And sorry about 'very bad' english spelling. I'm vietnamese T__T

Hey.. sorry for accusing you of hacking us, back there. The file DOES have the virus, but just to other people:

The script is good, I suggest you download it. However, when you do, DO NOT RUN THE .EXE FILE. Instead, start a new project on RMXP, and replace the .exe file with that one.

Also, if possible, can you please provide the Character Sets with these as well?

MOAR RESORCES PLZ!!!111one....

I have posted the new download link. I have only removed the 'game.exe'. Copy an another fresh file, and don't ask me where can you find it :D
And I have added some extra resources for it.
@Hellladen: Please scroll to the top

I'm really, really very glad you posted a clean file, because this is a wonderful battle system.

I can't figure out how it's set up though.  Just how does it know what animations are supposed to play for what character?

EDIT: Okay, I ran it through a translator, and this is what I got:

# Brief description:
# Script to achieve this dynamic effect of the fighting, which includes standby, attack, defense, beaten and the victories, died. Wang version similar to the super, super-combatants. But characteristics of the system is the realization of all the effects of the fighting is not on a huge map, but the use of the database in the animation. This not only broke through the different people different Zhen number of restrictions, and facilitate a single animation single-zhen changes.
# Method of Use:
# Personally feel that it is quite simple, but a lot of monster or will be a headache.
# 1. Database settings
# Enemy animation is necessary standby, beaten, killed three essential animation
# Necessary role of a standby animation, beaten, defense, died dynamic, dynamic victory, death static, static victory
#
# Died static and static victory: animation only one Guozhen, the corresponding dynamic animation for the last Zhen
#
# The remaining characters attacks is the animation, and animation is the same as the normal settings
# Figure in the attack is to wait for the animation player in the attack at the same time eliminating the animation characters themselves (material reasons, when people attack left in situ, if it is put in the original location of the magic is renting)
# 2. Fighting plan set
# Combatants map is only a transparent picture, it is only used to describe the role of an enemy or size, and the fighting animation and the corresponding number of convergence.
# Combatants map file name format is as follows:
# Standby name ★ ★ ★ defense beating death Dynamic ★ ★ ★ death victory static dynamic ★ victory static. Png
# (The "name" an independent and animation)
# For example:
# 140 ★ ★ 141 Ziyan 148 ★ ★ 149 ★ 150 ★ 144 ★ 145. Png
# Victory for the enemy without animation or animation defense to maintain the position is empty, for example:
# 124 blue Ruo-Bing ★ ★ ★ 126 ★ ★ ★ ★ 127. Png
# In sum, on the set so complete.
# Note:
# 1. Due to the standby system to achieve animation, it is impossible to state with the use of animation functions.
# 2. Script can be used Ctrl + Shift + F search throughout the "small changes" could be amending certain window, the Z value.
# 3. When you give you this system works in the transplant when we should pay attention to two issues in the "small change."
# 4. System from the game, "The Burning Edge warm stone"-derived, may be imperfect and superfluous things, the BUG is inevitable. Although everyone is mentioned.

Did anyone understand that?

EDIT PART DUEX: Okay, I think I understand this now.

As you can tell by looking at it, there's no battlers; everything's done via animation.  However, you use a blank graphic file in the battler slot to tell the system what animation to play when, with a separator in between each one.

For example, for your hero character, the file name for her battler goes like this:
Character name - MGV - Standby - MGV - Defense - MGV - Hit - MGV - Death Animation - MGV - Static Death (a still frame of the character fallen over) - MGV - Victory Animation - MGV - Static Victory

So the filename would look like so:

ActorMGV140MGV141MGV148MGV149MGV150MGV144MGV145.png

The numbers being their slot in the animation database.  For some odd reason, the victory animations don't play.

Enemies are done the same way.  It was just difficult to tell in the demo provided, because Phoenix Flame skipped some poses.

EnemyMGV124MGV(where defense would go)MGV126MGV127MGV(where death still frame would go)MGV(where victory animation would go)MGV(where victory still frame would go).png

So it looks like:

EnemyMGV124MGVMGV126MGV127MGVMGVMGV.png

One thing I don't get about it though.  I put two characters in my party, and as a test, I had one of them get killed.  As soon as they died, however, it was like their "ghost" came up and struck the remaining character.  Like a "how dare you let me die!" kind of thing.  :x  I'm trying to find what causes that.

EDIT Numero Tres: Something I failed to mention, you can change the separator, MGV, by searching for it in the script "Battle System 45 Degrees".

Also, this seems to be geared toward more of a two person battle system.  Though you'll still have a third (and a forth) character in battle, you can't see them on the screen.

The numbers being their slot in the animation database.  For some odd reason, the victory animations don't play.
Err...maybe this was a bug...

Enemies are done the same way.  It was just difficult to tell in the demo provided, because Phoenix Flame skipped some poses.
It's Makegame.vn who have skipped it. Not me >.<

Something I failed to mention, you can change the separator, MGV, by searching for it in the script "Battle System 45 Degrees"
Yeah! That's it! MGV meant Make Game VN and nothing more ^^

Also, this seems to be geared toward more of a two person battle system.  Though you'll still have a third (and a forth) character in battle, you can't see them on the screen.
So...this battle system need to be improved.

Phoenix Flame":3i8t44w4 said:
Err...maybe this was a bug...

Yeah.  I'm having a friend look into the bugs in the script, especially that nasty one where the dead character keeps attacking your team mate.

It's Makegame.vn who have skipped it. Not me >.<

My mistake.

So...this battle system need to be improved.

Well, having only two characters in the battle party isn't a BAD thing, but if you want more than two, it'll take some scripting work.

Oh sorry, the link works now. It apparently doesn't work for people in the UK. I ran it through a US proxy, thanks for your reply anyway! ^^

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.