Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Fancy Status effects

Seda

Script Request Template

Lookin for a new script~ (maybe?)

RMXP or RMVX:

I am using RMXP.

Detailed Description:

Alright. So I was hoping for a simple script (Non SDK please!). What I am looking for is for a script to trigger when when my hero is placed into a specific state, the battle BGM will fade out (approximately 5 seconds fade) and the battle background will fade out as well. Once the 5 seconds are up, the battle background and music will change to what I set it to (Background fades in, music starts up normally).

Screen shots:

Im not sure how I can screen shot this idea...

Other Scripts I am using (in order):
So I am currently using : Enu SBS Tanketai XP, and all of its addons.

Thank you very much in advance!

Im not a scripter but i think what your trying to do can be done with a couple common events. If you made all the skills that cause the state also call a common event and within that common event set up conditional branches to check each actor for that state. then you could just have those conditional branches fade out the music dim the screen to black over time. then change the battle backdrop through a "change map setting" command. change the music and fade back in the screen. when i get a chance ill try this out but it seems very plausible the only bad thing might be getting the backdrop and music back to the original.
Hope this helps i know it sucks to feel ignored.

Seda

sorry for such a late post (busy with work + school. ugh). I've tried doing something like that with events and conditional branches, but they won't work unless the status is kept through the next fight. The changes need to happen instantly. That's why I'm asking for a script ;^^

Ok i made a demo of how it would work hopefully you can see what ive done and copy from it.

im kinda in a hurry right now but if i need to i can add some comments to the demo later....Let me know

http://www.mediafire.com/?momzznugjzj

talk to the guy in the demo to get into a fight with the "state changer" monster he will only use the "state skill" (it doesn't always hit..i was in a hurry) everytime he uses that skill the skill will call the common event "state check" when someone become inflicted then it flips a switch (which is checked for later on in the event) and changes eveything then turns the switch off.

Look at the database for the monster and the skill ect....

you never really stated if this effect was meant to last more than one fight or be over at the end. how the demo is now you would need to call a event to "play memorized bmg" and i included a simple event to check terrain and change the battleback (i did'nt select any terrain numbers in the tileset though) which would be the easyest way i know of to change the battleback back to what it was.

Seda

Alright, I was at home or a bit and checked it out. It works great, but I tweeked the Demo around a bit to fit my needs. It works great when the enemy causes the state. When I try to make it so a character cause the status to himself, none of the triggers happen. I was trying to make it so the user can choose the skill "Transformation". The character transforms, and is inflicted with a state that buffs until the end of the fight. I hope this clarifies the issue a little bit more... Thank you so much for helping me though!

EDIT: I was being an idiot! I didn't notice in the demo that the skill called the common event! Thank you so much for the help! And with that, this idea has been created~!

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.