Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Fame/party level/uh..thing, script req

Ok what I am looking for is...
A system that uses XP to build your popularity so instead of gaining levels you gain certain amounts of fame and when you hit certain amounts then events are unlocked.

EX: you start out with 0 fame, you play 3 shows to build a fan base and after the third show you hit 500 fame points or w/e. This then turns a certain % of the town in your favor so if you talk to them they love you. Also maybe it will make it so you land a record deal?

Thats how I need it for my game anyways. So if that is possible then it would be awesome if sombody could assemble this for me!:D

Unless there's something I'm missing...
You can do this with a variable.
Choose a variable. (let's say 0012:Fame)
Everytime the player does something to increase his rating,
just increase the variable.
Everytime they run into an event where Fame is important,
just check the variable.

make sense?

Check out some of the beginning tutorials. I'd highly recommend Ccoa's 'Demystifying the game process'
It'll take a hour or two to go through it (maybe more),
but by the end, you'll have answered most of the beginner questions that everybody asks. (cut-scenes, variables, switches, events, etc...)

I love the idea of Fame, Karma, even Sanity as additional actor/party parameters. If used well, they can add a lot to a game.

Happy gamemaking

Brewmeister;205486 said:
Check out some of the beginning tutorials. I'd highly recommend Ccoa's 'Demystifying the game process'
It'll take a hour or two to go through it (maybe more),
but by the end, you'll have answered most of the beginner questions that everybody asks. (cut-scenes, variables, switches, events, etc...)

I love the idea of Fame, Karma, even Sanity as additional actor/party parameters. If used well, they can add a lot to a game.

Happy gamemaking
The link to that tutorial is long gone unless I'm missing something or someone has fixed it recently.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.