Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Fade into another BGM

Kaoii

This is probably easy to do but I don't claim to be a scripter =p

I have made two different versions of my world map mp3. They are exactly the same, except the second version has more tracks for percussion and various horns to add some flair.

This is what I want to do, and it would be a cool effect (I think it was done on a Zelda handheld game). On my world map I want it to play the first version of the theme as the BGM. But, when I go to particular maps from the world map (say a house thats on the world map) I want the BGM to change to the second theme on the exact same place it was on the first theme.

This is hard to explain I know =p. Basically, you enter the house or temple or something and it starts playing the second theme on the exact same time the first theme was playing so you have a transitional effect from one to the other.

Is this possible? If anyone could do it I would really appreciate it -_-

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.