Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Extending RPG Maker

We've had for a while a Programming board, which has had the subforum Web Design and Computer Support. Now, ignoring the fact that Web Design has nothing to do with Computer Support, both forums were completely messed up. Evidently some time in 2007 some bad merges happened and such. In short, I have done the following to try and salvage them into something more useful:

- Some 11,000 posts have been moved to Video Games; our video games section is actually much larger than we thought due to a bodged merge in 2007
- A new board, Extending RPG Maker, has been created to better showcase the external programs people have made to work with RPG Maker, rather than being shoved in a nondescript board
- Quite a lot moved to game making support, rpg maker support, and rpg maker scripting support
- The two boards have been replaced with the following:

Programming and Web Development

All non-game-making programming goes here.

Computer Support

Support for building and running your rig goes here.

These might change later on, but for now we'll see how it goes. The later pages of Computer Support are, however, still largely muddled up, and will take a lot of work to sort out, so may be left as-is. The gaming posts for one though have all been moved successfully.

Oh sweet, I see you've moved a load of content too, this is excellent it's like a giant library of tools for me to experiment with!

Princess Amy":2wdi779t said:
We've been "slowly dying" for the past ten years.
Hey, he never said how slowly ;)

I think forums that group useful sub categories like this is important, I'm talking more from my own experience, but when writing my extensions for RM I literally went through hundreds of pages to find code examples and memory layouts, it was scattered across websites, having them all in a single forum really helps.

I believe I have now reasonably cleaned up the computer support forum and programming forum, took some doing though. I'm only touching them again if there are any glaring, recent, errors.

There is only actually one new board, the rest is just a more logical reordering.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.