Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Event help

How would I make and event switch to another area, and have someone sleeping, then after a screen shake, wake up and have control?

Could you explain a little further? I am not sure what you are trying to do yet.

Do you want the character "sleeping" (the player can't control the character yet), then have the screen shake, then you can control the character, ie. walk around and what not?

Dang dont have rmxp with me ATM, but you are going to use an event set to AUTORUN.

in the database make your main hero have the graphic of the sleeping character.
Place your start position over the bed, or wherever he will be sleeping.

In the events there should be a command call "Shake Screen"
use that and set the parameters (how long to shake and how intense)

Use a wait command for how long it is going to shake, 15-25 frames should be enough, 40-50 frames if it is an earthquake. You need to sue the wait command so RMXP doesn't continue to run the rest of your event commands until the screen stops shaking. If you want your player to wake up while the screen is shaking, have the wait be less than what you set in the Shake Screen command.

now use the Change Actor Graphic event, it should be on the 3rd page of the events, and change it to the walking sprite of your character.

Now use the Control Self Switches event, and turn Switch A on.

Now hit "New event page" in your event, and on that blank page, set the precondition to Self Switch: A is ON.

Hit APPLY, OK, then test run it and see if it works!

First, if you check the rules you'll see that you are supposed to wait 72 hours before bumping your own threads. You have to give people a chance to see your thread. You've bumped your thread several times in the course of a few hours.

About your request, its not difficult. Have the transfer player event, then a take over event and a screen shake set up for a set time. After this have a self control switch to end the take over and shaking and you should be able to move about freely.

darkace77450

darkace77450":3vq27nbf said:
First, if you check the rules you'll see that you are supposed to wait 72 hours before bumping your own threads. You have to give people a chance to see your thread. You've bumped your thread several times in the course of a few hours.

This is what the report button is for but I'm going to let it slide in this case because I don't see any rules being broken. Ouendanation does have two posts in a row but one was on 9/3 and the other on 9/7 which follows our 72 hour bumping rule. Unless I'm missing something...

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.