Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Event Created ABS [Action Battle System]

There are many on rmrk.net. There's the Blizzard ABS and the Mr. Mo ABS. Here in rmxp, there's the NearFantastica ABS and I think Mr. Mo's is here, too.

Ok for all of you asking for a demo, you do realize that just showing you a demo isn't going to help you learn this, because it's the SAME THING. If you're confused now, you'll probably still be confused when you see the demo. It'll have the same content except it won't break down what everything is doing...

Also, if he's using an illegal version of RMXP he should plead the fifth and not make a demo.

Ok,
I actually thing you were a little modest. This is efficient for people who don't know RGSS. This is how it's been done since rm95, so hey carrying on the tradition isn't all that bad. Of course, every scripter will jump down your throat...ignore them.

This actually seems pretty customizable from what I'm looking at. Hmm, I'd like to give it a run myself see if I can't clean up some of the coding. I might consider doing a something with this.

A J

WOW O_o nice looking tutorials over there

that means my Event base ABS is nothing against yours ':|
you wrote a long tutorials :thumb: not like me lol

anyway for those who are having problem in the tutorials:

you guys need to understand that every single event, switch, or variable is there for a reason and you must know the reason otherwise there is no point of what are you doing there! you will be batter of using scripts :-/

because after that you'll have to do the boss battle system in ABS too, believe me it won't get any easier. I'm not saying that its going to be hard its going to take alonger time :)

so if you know that you can't do it now then don't. wait until you know all the events and how to work with switches and variables otherwise don't act like a machine you're not learning anything @_@

anyway good luck phoenix on your projects ^_^

Phoenix, I dont know, but when I saw that stuff how the event pages looks like, you are using <>. Thats post edition, EB! edition use @>.

Mr_Smit;311076 said:
Phoenix, I dont know, but when I saw that stuff how the event pages looks like, you are using <>. Thats post edition, EB! edition use @>.

you forgot "Proceed With Movement" and "lock facing OFF"

Ahh, this brings back fine memories.

Once upon a time I made a Squad-Based ABS system on rm2k3 [yes, I used events for all of it]

It had a combo system, HUD, etc...

...good times.

Speaking of 'proceed with movement' - be careful with that function in heavy-eventing scenarios, as it picks up any other movements as well. For example, if there are two projectile events, and each of them have "proceed with movement" functions built into them somehow, one would affect the other unwantedly. :>

Well boj, I could.... I might look into uploading my old rpg2k3 game demo on rapidshare and have people download it from there and figure through with it. I can't say I really have the time to type up a tut for it now, as I'm trying to resurrect it into script form (which I'm in the process of learning how to script). However, I may considor your request.

Below: I'll give you a little example of the squad based abs, I'll put a few more up in the upcoming days.

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2007-12/ ... toFury.JPG[/img]

First off, is proceed with movement like wait for moves completion, and is lock facing like direction fix?

Second how do you make ranged weapons? NVM ust read first pos better.

Grad* Looks awesome! All I really want is one guy because it will be a dude and his pet, (yeah, cliche, but whatever), so I don't need much.

Also: Anyone know where I can find attack frames for the default characters? I saw a site with them once but I've lost it since then...

Ok, thanks. Mine is the legal version straight off enterbrains site so...

Edit: My character swings but I can't damage my enemy. It can damage me, but I can't damage it. What's up?!

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.