Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

[ES] Resident Evil Movement 3

PK8

Resident Evil Movement
Version: 3

Introduction
This is actually the third time I worked on Resident Evil Movement. :D This is my third time attempting to make a Resident Evil like movement system. I'm aware that some of you may not like how the player will move in the demo I'm about to show. But for those interested in a event system where the player moves similar to Resident Evil, you may be in for a treat.

Features
  • This time, this system is fully event based. No edits to script editor at all unlike the last two Resident Evil Movement.
  • No edits to script at all. Regular movement is just not going to show up and player will not move during a message.
  • Up: Move forward, Down: Move backwards, Left: Turn 90 degrees left, Right: Turn 90 degrees right, Holding Z (on the keyboard) while tapping Down: Turn 180.
Screenshots
No screenshots.

Demo
Download Resident Evil Movement here.

Demo controls:
Press Up Arrowkey: Forward
Press Down Arrowkey: Backwards
Tap Left Arrowkey: Turn 90 degrees left.
Tap Right Arrowkey: Turn 90 degrees right.
Press Z on your keyboard and Tap Down: Turn around.

System
Check out the spoiler on how to do it.

1 switch.
1 common event.

Name the switch: Resident Evil Movement
(Waste of spoiler? Yeah I know. No need to make a feedback topic out of it.)

This system is actually very easy to copy. Just download my demo, copy and paste the common event itself, create a new switch and name it "Resident Evil Movement", and make "Resident Evil Movement" the trigger switch for that common event. To start the common event, just create a new event on the map, put it on parallel process and turn the switch on via the Control Switches event command.

Instructions
Copy the common event in the demo and paste it into a new common event in your project. Create a new switch and name it "Resident Evil Movement" and make the switch the trigger switch for the common event.

FAQ
No questions have been asked.

Credits and Thanks
Resident Evil.

Author's Notes
So yes. It's actually my third time doing this. The first time was a very bad edit of Game_Player in the script editor (The player, when left or right is pressed just spun.) The second time I did this was another bad edit of Game_Player, this time removing stuff like "move_up" within the script and making it event based. This time, this script is fully event based with no edits to the scripts at all.

Terms and Conditions
Credit Punk! :thumb:

Queue

Sponsor

@Sirus01
Well actually, logically, it should go under a sub-forum "Submitted Event Systems" but that would be whoo'ing ccoa into adding it. Event systems are exactly like scripts, they take time to create, calculations and above most brains. Punk is submitting one of his awesome systems created with events only. So lay off the know-it-all atmosphere.

Punk, it's awesome. It would be even more so awesome if it was for an ABS. :D

PK8

Actually, Submitted Tutorials is the place to submit event systems and tutorials. I just happen to usually submit my stuff over at general support. That reminds me, I should go report those to get moved over to the tutorials forum. XD

Anyway. Thanks Q-man. ^_^

Edit: I don't know if I should report those other topics of mine though in case the topic isn't tutorial enough but we could save that for another time and another topic. :D

...and it would be bluesky times more fficient and simple and cool and easy-to-implement and everything if you'd push those events in a script... ^_^

For the name, I was quite curious about wtf this might be doing... and after looking at it, I thought about GTA rather than RE... if you do a fourth version, you might consider giving it a more explaining name... just a suggestion ^_^

Other than that, hey, it's neat, but it'd be way more practical for a script with 8-Way tendencies or even 360? movement (which is most likely what this script was intended to)... it still adds a change to the generic RMXP game, and if it doesn't annoys the fuck out of the player, that's most of the time a good thing ;)

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.