Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Equipment, Item & Skill Requirements.

Equipment, Item & Skill Requirements (EIS)
Version: 1.0
Autor : SephirothSpawn

Introduction

At last, I discovered how to fix this script (**Aleluya). It had a few bugs, but no more, yesterday at 4:00 Am, i fix this, so. Im very happy. I want to put this in the comunity for all users. (Seph's Ideology)

This script was designed to give you 18 new requirements to equip weapons and armors, use items or use skills.

Features

• Now, you can put requirements for items not only in battle, also in the menu  :thumb:
  • Compatible with MultiSlots Scripts (Trickster and Guillaume)
  • Well, and a lot of things more to discover :)
  • Working in the Fomar Equipment Requirement Styles, now is ready, but I will upload it tomorrow.

Demo

No, demo for now, maybe later.

Script

Mmmm, too long, so you will need to download the Notepad.

http://rapidshare.com/files/120167730/EIS.txt.html

Intructions

Pay attention to this part, it's the more difficulty... Paste the script above the main and above the MultiSlot script (if you have), then you need to go to WINDOW_EQUIPITEM script and make these changes:

Under line 41:

Code:
for i in 1...$data_weapons.size

paste this:

Code:
weapon = $data_weapons[i]

Now, in line 42 (you will see this)

Code:
if $game_party.weapon_number(i) > 0 and weapon_set.include?(i)

after and weapon_set.include?, put:

Code:
&& @actor.equippable?(weapon)

Now, the same with the armor part

below, for i in 1...$data_armors.size

put:

Code:
armor = $data_armors[i]

and after and armor_set.include?(i)

put:

Code:
&& @actor.equippable?(armor)

Poster Notes

If you have question about the requirements, or the sintaxis, put the questions here, and I will help you, if there is a problem in the script I'll try to fix it.  :thumb:

Credits

Sephirothspawn for make this georgeous system, don't erase : Mephistox for fix it  :lol:.

Enjoy it!

hey there, any chance to post the script on some other host?, because rapidshare is a joke now..., I can't see where the 3 cats are on the picture..., always only find 2, lol

Hey it's probably an awesome script, what I've been looking for, but how do I add a skill or equipment? I'd also like to know how to only use a skill if a weapon is equipped, if that's possible.
Thanks in advance,
              Shadows Forger

1. Style system has bugs
2. actor values did not function with Game_party and use item
3. this stuff did not function with Multislot (with the new slots)

1) Well, Hanmac, you can say what is wrong with the style system.
2) Yes, I noted that.
3) I test the new slots and works fine for me, the problem can be:

The multislots override the original Window_Equip, you need you find the override script(Window_EquipItem) and make the changes.

So, that.

1) the Constants are at one time two places.. (there stand in one module at twice)

3) if you have new slots the old are function, but  the new are ignored.
and weapon have you only one

Mmm..I don't understand that 'Constants are at one time two places', I mean...I don't know what do you refer to?...

Style_required  = {}
      Styles_required = {}

if you refer to that?, the answer will be:

# ** Style Required(ONE)
  #    Description: To use a Skill, Item or Equipment, you must to have one of
  #                the styles in the list.
  #    Setup: Style_required  = {object_id => ['Style']}
  #
  # ** Styles Required(ALL)
  #    Description : To use a Skill, Item or Equipment, you must to have all
  #                  the styles in the array list.
  #    Setup: Styles_required = {object_id => ['Style1', 'Style2']}

Maybe looks like a copy, but I only copy the Seph's Methods to create my owns, and works perfect for me. if you can explain me that again a little better..well that.

And the other point, I use Trickster Multi-Slot, with that Works fine, maybe the Guillaumes is the point.

__

Thanks for the help, I wait for your answers.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.