Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Enhanced Weapons and Armor Script

Hello!

I'm using Mr. Mo's old SBABS and I would like an Enhanced weapon and armor script. This would allow a player to upgrade their weapons and armors with items they pick up in the game.

DO NOT SUGGEST CHARLIE LEE'S ENHANCED WEAPON SCRIPT! I have tried it and although it is a really great script, it is not compatible with Mr. Mo's SBABS. The reason it doesn't work with the SBABS is because it changes the id variable of the weapons which screws up the behavior of ranged weapons in the SBABS.

It would be nice to have a sript similar to Charlie Lee's, but without changing the weapon id variables. An armor enhancement section would be a plus. If you need an idea of what I want, you can cheack out Charlie Lee's script here: http://www.rmxp.org/forums/index.php?topic=33324.0.

Good luck! I appreciate any help.

-Zetaraptor03

imarealboy99":2yybifm3 said:
Ok I Have Been Searching For This Too I hope That You Get The Wright Script For Your Project Its Hard isn't It Zetraraptor

Yeah, if someone doesn't help me, then I'll have to spend a few months trying to recode the SBABS to be compatible with the Weapon Enhancement script. That thing is HUGE!

I have tried to modify Mr. Mo's SBABS to work with Charlie Lee's weapon enhancement. I got it to work with the player attacking, but NOT the allies! I could really use a new weapon enhancement script....

Sorry if you didn't want this kinds of awnsers but I suggest you to update your Battle System to Mr.Mo's ABS 5.5, (not lite) because I use the Weapon Enhancement Script from Charlie Lee with Mr.Mo's ABS and it works just fine, in every situation.

EDIT

YOURE RIGHT it doesnt work I am now in the same request as you are!!!

Charlie Lee":oaf0jdwp said:
Zetaraptor03":oaf0jdwp said:
I'm dropping Charlie Lee's script from my game. Too many bugs.....

Please do not write in a way that can be misunderstood. It's a compatibility issue. There aren't bugs involved in this, or at least none has been reported so far.

I didn't mean there are bugs in your code, I meant that it was a compatability issue. I am not saying it is your fault. Sorry if I offended you, I did not mean to.

Hey, so I had the same problem with Rye.Jp's side-view battle system.  Well it's much easier if you just change the array of id's search to check for element tagging instead.  Here's how I did it on Rye.Jp's cbs;

I changed this;

Code:
  # Because the one below is one example to the last
  # Please make it originally.

class Weapon
    #--------------------------------------------------------------------------
    # Weapon sctions. Set what weapons are a stand still weapon.
    def battle_actions
      case @id
      when 21 # Ranged Weapons
        return BattleActions::Actions["One step advancement Attack"]
      end 
      return BattleActions::Actions["Normal Attack"] # default
    end
  end
  class Skill

to this;

Code:
  # Because the one below is one example to the last
  # Please make it originally.

ranged = "Ranged"

$data_system = load_data("Data/System.rxdata")
  $r_element_id = $data_system.elements.index(ranged)

class Weapon
    # Weapon sctions. Set what weapons are a stand still weapon.
    def battle_actions
      if $data_weapons[id].element_set.include?($r_element_id)
        return BattleActions::Actions["One step advancement Attack"]
      end 
      return BattleActions::Actions["Normal Attack"] # default
    end
  end

That could work, but that would involve more editting than I would like. Good idea, maybe I will try it.

However, Charlie Lee's script only covers weapons. It would also be nice to upgrade armors. For example, giving an armor a Magic Barrier inlay would reduce damage from magic attacks, or a Kevlar inlay would reduce damage from bullets. Know what I mean?

A script that would only modify and alias the weapons code rather than generate and equipe enhanced weapons would keep me from having to modify anything. Also, it would work with other ABS scripts.

Yeah, I agree I also think the system would have been much better off by just editing the item code itself.  BUT then you could only have one of every item. (which ironiclly wouldn't be a problem for me as you never get new weapons in my game)  But this is a good way to do it if no other option is created.

I tried changing the SBABS to check an element instead, but I found a serious raodblock. Mr. Mo's SBABS bases many different kinds of weapon data around the weapons' IDs, including some parallel arrays. If I were to use the element trick, I would very VERY limited in the amount of weapons which would take all of the fun out of my game.

So I am still searching for a new weapon enhancing script, hopefully with armor enhancements as well.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.