Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Ending Messages Automatically

I don't think it's possible to automatically end a message after a certain period of time. Could someone make me a quick script that ends messages?

Like a script that has different sections that I can call during the event. Different sections for different amounts of time, not specific messages.

The script should work so that after I call, say, a portion of it titled "3 seconds", the next message I enter in the Event Tab will automatically end after 60 frames.

If this isn't possible, I'll settle for a longer script that calls individual messages typed into the script for certain periods of time.

Thank you!

_

Yeah you can already do it with Dubealexs AMS, you may be ablre to with UMS as well though I have no idea about that one.

All you have to do if input the command that waits 1 second three times, and then enter the command that closes the message box.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.