Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Encounters, common event in script?

Ok, I think it's the best to put it here in this forum, as it's kinda a script request...

Yes, i know of the current existing area encounter scripts, tho, im not using sdk, nor i can implent it anymore.

What I have currently on each tile of grass (EVENT):
Event page 1 - call common event 1
Event page 2 (Switch 1 active) - call common event 2
Event page 3 (Switch 2 active) - call common event 3
Event page 4 (Switch 1 and 2 active) - call common event 4

As it causes pretty much lag (+oh you dont want to see my event layer oO it's WHITE), im looking for a non sdk script, or some help on scripting it myself.

I pretty much want the script to work on a specific terrain tag, lets say grass = tag 1
So when walking on tag1, it must pretty much run the above event.

Note, the event must be upgradable and still working. For example, a third switch could be active for another event page / common event..

Hope you kinda understand what I'm looking for....

(It would be really nice if I had the script this evening, tho, there is no rush, im not expecting it will be here, nor im commanding you. I'm just saying this because I'm presenting my game tomorrow (Making it for a school project)... It would be nice if there was just a little less lag:))

Oh and yes i do have an anti-lag script.

Thanks in advance
-Av

Zeriab

Sponsor

I am not really what exactly you want.
Do you want to use 1 terrain tag per encounter area or do you want just 1 encounter area which type you change with switches? (variables?)
I have made an event system which works on terrain tags though I am not sure whether it does what you request: (Yes, I know you are asking for a script, but why make one if an already made event system works ^^)
http://zeriab.plesk3.freepgs.com/root/e ... tStuff.rar

I hope you can work it out

*hugs*
- Zeriab

The main problem, i think, is that i have multiple drops per monster.. thats why there are multiple event pages.. when a quest is given to get lets say claws from a bear.. the page in which the bear also drops his claws gets activated... so that would be event page 2, while 1 being the bear with just his normal drops...

just a very easy example :p

Im checking out your script now, and indeed why make one when one already exists :) Hope it suits me..

EDIT: Thanks a lot, I used your parallel event to make my own, which is kinda the same except for the different types of area. I just stuck with 1 type (grass). 4 pages for the event, so it works with my quests... means 4 common events too....

Oh and for others that might use it. make sure you put that wait:2frames in there, it means no lag, you wont see a difference while walking.

Again, thanks a lot, you made my day :) WAAAY less events now on the map.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.