Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Enchanting Wepons with Augments

Okay, so I was hopeing for a way to enchant wepons with gems or something of that a nature ( any item ) and that would change the sprite of the wepon.. Ex: you have a red gem and then you add it to your wepon. In the inventory it would have a red glow ( a diffrent sprite... or could you add like a background red sprite to glow over the wepon? that would cut down on haveing to make every sprite have a diffrent color glow.... ) anyway of course this would add damage or resistance or armor or something. Any replies or sujestions would be well welcomed :) hope you guys can help me out! Thanks in advance :)

Script request?

2 ways of doing this:

1 (easier) - Each modification can only be actually held by the actor. unequipping the weapon removes the gem. Gems cannot actually be attached to the weapon object itself because of the way XP/VX handles weapons (just pointers to static RPG::Weapon objects).

2 (much harder) - Each weapon must be a new object added to the $data_weapons array. You can actually modify the weapon this way, but requires a new $data_weapon for each modification.

If anyone wants to take this request (if you are planning on doing this request with scripts anyways) feel free to ask me anything about it.

Sorry if I was not clear, It's early in the morning XD

Anyway thanks for the reply that was fast, and yes a script request, is there a way to do it in the database or anything like that? I'm a pure noob at scripts but I'm trying to learn :) but from what I got the first choice would be like a trinket for something like that? that would add points of damage or things? If so that would be ideal ( also brilliant ) and in my range of editing without comeing back every time I need help... didnt think about that :) but would it be like each wepon could have a certain gem type and how would you not be able to equip the gem when you don't have the right wepon?

( srry I'm a little hard to understand, I'm haveing a loss of words for some strange creepy reason... )

Some might be able to do an event system with this (using the theory in my first suggestion), I just think it would be impractical.

But yet, you would "equip" the gem which the data would just be held in Game_Actor, not in the weapon itself. So whenever you unequipped the weapon, the gem would also have to be removed.

I don't have time to complete this request personally (right now) but I can guide anyone who wants to take this request on. If no one takes it, I might just have to do it.

Anyways, I am moving this to Script Request

Oh, man sorry I thought that it would go here as a question, but gusse not...

And yep thats what I was looking for and thanks for moveing this to the proper place. Any ideas on if it would be easier to script or event?

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.