Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Elemental Attack Script?

Aevin

I feel like this must be already out there, but I don't know what to look for. Maybe someone can just point me in the right direction?

Basically, I want to be able to have elemental attack stats that vary according to what items you equip. For example, something that increases damage dealt by fire attacks and abilities. Your skill will operate off of the proper stat (ATK for attacks, INT for spells) but receive a boost if your elemental attack power is higher. I imagine it as adding to INT or ATK when you use an ability with an element attached. If your INT is at 50, but you have a Fire elemental attack of 10, maybe your INT would become 60 when you cast a fire spell.

Also, is there anything that will allow me to set elemental and stat defenses for weapons, and add-states for armors? (Such as a weapon which protects against Mute or an armor which poisons you when you wear it).

Thanks for any help!

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.