Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Dungeons & Dragons - Shadow Lords [name subject to change]

Cait

Concept: I really liked the idea of Shadow Gate, it was one of my favorite games, no battles, well, no traditional battles at any rate! The environment was deadly, anything could kill you and one wrong move was the difference between life and death. Just because there were no battles doesn't mean it was any safer to travel. My idea is to start out in a cliche way, a hero standing before the tower,here's a tad bit of a twist he's unsure of his own identity. His only memory is before the Wizard Council who has requested that he destroy the Shadow Master, Kaidren before the world falls into a dark age. Now, I'm not sold as to why he can't remember, injury, or perhaps it was the result of a magic spell?

It is my intention of creating an interactive environment, you search and take chances, do you talk to the person in the room, do you head up to the orc guard... push him? In this world, you strike they may strike back! Unlike Shadow Gate which had a torch system, I can not do that or do I think it's necessary.

Title of game: I'm not entirely sold on the game's name, if someone has an opinion go ahead and give it. I'd like some feed back concerning this, I'm willing to change if it'll make the game a much better experience.

CHARACTERS:
Alexander [renameable] - He's the main and only character in this game -a few NPCs that will be placed around the tower, and the Shadow Lords [the group name, there's only one true lord in Shadelwulf]. He has no memory of who he truly is, but the sole memory he does have is to battle the Shadow Lord, Kaidren.
NPCS: Npcs are characters who you are free to interact with, they are none hostile and will not attack you, if you can convince them to help you that is. Sometimes you will need to complete a quest or have an item to gain their confidence; maybe to even understand them. There are right choices and wrong choices as in life.

IMPORTANT CHARACTERS:
Kaidren - Lord of the Shadows, he is powerful, ruthless and is used to leadership. No one knows what he really looks like or his real name.. The wizards fear that he will bring the world into a new dark age if he is not dealt with.
Bidran Soutchi - The second under Kaidren, he's pretends to be caring and nice, but he's heartless using people and their emotions for his own benefit.

HISTORY OF SHADELWULF
The tower of Shadelwulf was created by a man known as Shane Fairchild, who was the lord and master of the Wolf Guard, a group which has disbanded nearly 50 years ago after the fall of the tower due to traitor or double agent from the Kingdom to the east. Five years ago, a group called the Shadow Lords, believed to be men or monsters, [no one knew as non one has ever seen their faces before]. But unknown to most people is that Shadelwulf was, in fact, built over even older ruins it is a source of power along the blood line of the Earth. It is a very powerful spot which is why the Shadow Lords had chosen it. The Shadow Lords are men who are impatient, and desire a great deal of power quickly; using any means to get what they desire.

What will you do to play this game?
Goal: To get to the top of the tower, or to discover Kaidren; finding a way of destroying him. But as you travel a myster begins to grow as to your real identity and who you really are. Will discovering that change your mission or your mind?
1. items - Items are on the screen in the map, you can interact with most items, but walls and ruble like bricks. You will be given a choice to take that item, your environment will react within reason.
2. Furniture - Dressers, beds will all have interactions from just sleeping to maybe opening and searching, each item will have something to investigate.
3. Not all items are helpful, there will be junk, stuff you don't need.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.