Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Dual/Triple/Quad Tech script request.

I'm wanting a script that will allow for a type of attack that counts as two or more party members attacking at the same time, in a combo attack (like Dual Techs from Chrono Trigger).

An easy way that I thought of to do this is having all Dual Moves be only usable by one character, who automatically goes first, and upon using the move, it gives the other party members a status condition that makes them skip their turn. If anyone could let me know how to give a status condition to a party member without targeting them, and how to specify which attacks target a specific party member, and how to enable/disable certain attacks based on what party members you have, that would be great.

To give an example, the main character, A, has a party made up of A, B,C,and D. He switches out party member C for party member E. I want the A and C dual tech to not be listed under A's skills and I want A and E's dual tech to be listed under A's skills. In battle, on A's turn, he chooses the A+D dual tech. He uses the attack, and it changes to B's turn. after B's turn, it goes right to E's turn, skipping D. I would imagine this would be achieved by giving D a hidden state called Skip, and erasing it at the end of the round. I want it to disable D specifically, not just the 3rd member in the party.

It seems pretty easy to me, but I've been wrong before. (shocker :shock: )

Thanks in advance for any help.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.