Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Dragon Quest Battle System

I waited for this one to, but you didnt explain it.
Well the battle system as I know it is a regular except with one add-on..... i forget the name but it highers tension( highers power, and it has about 4 stages and at the fourth stage the character changes to a super saiyen looking mode, or has a glow, and their power is 4x that to begin with for just one attack though) and thats pretty much all I remember from it, also certain monsters can do the same.

I can make the description better if needed.

Yeah I guess I didn't explain enough. Thanks for offering to describe more. I would have described it more but I guess I figured it was pretty basic. I forgot about the tension system, but other than a different battle algorithm and a differently positioned battle menu it's essentially the same as the default bs.

Ok, if I explain then maybe I'll get some help. Basically I just want to move around the menus of the default battle system. It shouldn't be that hard I think/hope. Here are two pics:
http://img53.imageshack.us/img53/199/dqbs2jb1.th.png[/IMG]
http://img376.imageshack.us/img376/3776/dqbsye0.th.png[/IMG]
Ideally I would also change want to change the battle damage algorithm to the real Dragon Quest one which is something like this:
(attack power - [defense/2])/2 = maximum damage (at least 2)
(attack power - [defense/2])/4 = minimum damage (at least 1)
I'm not sure how hard that would be...
Thanks in advance to anyone who helps with this.

Well I've just about finishing the menus on my own anyway. I might actually be able to finish this on my own. After I finish with the damage algorithm I will have a Dragon Quest battle system without the tension system.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.