Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Don't Starve

Don't Starve is essentially one of my favorite games ever. I've always been into permadeath or semi-permadeath as a mechanic to keep me always on edge and never complacent.

Anybody who uses a guide is severely depriving themselves. Rarely while playing a game have I felt such a true sense of "adventure." It might be that I am just a bit of fanatic for survival games while also just not having played that many survival games. I'm also a huge fan of just the general theme and humor present within the game.

As a final part, the adventure mode (which requires you to "beat" 5 levels of the game in a row without dying) has been one of the most difficult challenges I've face while playing a game. Now that I have it figured out I think I could do it all again pretty easily, but it took quite a few tries to get there.

Has anyone else here played Dont Starve? What were your thoughts? Funny stories, maybe about how you were willow and burned down your whole base?

Fusty

Sponsor

I've been thinking about buying it a lot lately. The only reasons I haven't bought it yet are the fact that it's a singleplayer game, I prefer playing survival games with at least one friend, and the fact that I'm not sure how many hours I can sink into this game. From looking at it I'd say that it wouldn't take very long to finish...

Jason

Awesome Bro

Not played it yet, but it's coming to Playstation Plus Instant Game Collection on PS4 on January 8th for me (As in, EU guys), so I'll play it then, lol :thumb:

It's on sale? Time for me to bug all my friends about getting it!

Okay so now that three of you have said you will totally look into, I expect a report back on your opinions later!

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.