Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Don't restart music when changing scene

kkxkn

Basically, is there a fix that, if you're going to somewhere(be it another map or a battle) which is set to play the same music that is currently playing, it doesn't start the music again?

Well, from map to map... that's easy.

I mean, as long as the map you are teleporting to doesn't have the 'Auto-Change BGM' flag turned on (map properties), the music should continue from the previous map.

As towards battles...
Mimi's Battle Music
http://hometown.aol.com/Der%20VVulfman/ ... /S_N_D.png[/IMG]http://hometown.aol.com/Der%20VVulfman/Files/RMXP/RMXP-ORG/Forum_Icons/FORUMS.PNG[/IMG]
by DerVVulfman (08-08-2006)
Custom Battle Add-On / Audio/Video Enhancements
Well, I have to hand it over to Mimi-Chan, so I'm naming it AFTER her. She asked for a simple script, and I delivered. So, I took it upon myself to crank this script out on Thursday, August 03, 2006. Only took 1/2 an hour.

This script allows you to play different music based on who your Lead Hero is, or based on the events that have transpired in your game.​
And a few more features have been added since.

Enjoy the demo.

Well, just add the Mimi Battle Music script into your project and call a li'l script in a map event:
Code:
$game_system.bgm_type = 4
so it knows to use background music type #4 (field music) from that point on.

The battle with the ghost with RED eyes shows the field music not changing into battle music, but continues through the battle and so on...

As towards the other features of the script... there's plenty and the script has LOTS of notes.

Oh, and there are two versions available:

The $global version is easier to use and configure but uses more resources. That's why it has =begin and =end statements around it (turning it into one big comment).

The @instance version takes a little more work, but is not hard to use. It also uses fewer resources and the demo is using it.

Heh... seem to be playing RMXP.org tag here... just saw you in Mimi's topic.

But yep, you got it.
Code:
    0 = Normal music mode (like always)
    1 = Hero music mode   (party leader's theme)
    2 = Event Music mode  (requires $bgm_event to be set)
    3 = Random Music mode (relief from monotony)
    4 = Field Music mode  (off of the map...)
Though the other 'functions' require you to have pre-set music dependant on your actors, special events, or a list to be randomized.

Guess if you're not using them... big whoop. :D

(Geez... while I type these lenghty things... people just pop in, type, and bug out before I know it.. ;) Cat'cha later Landarma... :) )

G'night.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.