Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Dominance Capacity

Abbey

I was looking at someone else's request, but mine is only slightly different :P If you couldn't guess by all my other requests, it is a Shadow Hearts: Covenant script request.

What I want is:
-1) Each person has a dominance capacity that varies by character (i.e., Character A may have 3000 and Character B may only have 2...obviously extremes...)
-2) Equipped Accessories give different skills (Based on Item ID)
-3) The only skills that are usable are the ones that are equipped
-4) A new menu option is just below the "Items" ("Crest Magick")
-5) The new menu option opens a scene similar to the equipment screen, but the left equipment window shows the current equipped skills, the bottom equipment window shows all available skills, and the right equipment window shows DOM (Dominance Capacity) and the current equipped accessory
-6) DOM is written as the ratio (like HP and SP): Available/Max
-7) Each skill lowers the available DOM by a different amount (based on Item ID)
-8) DOM can be increased by certain armors (Based on Armor ID, use the Evasion spot (I modified the DBS to not use it)

Just be happy it's not another CBS request :P I do that a lot.

Just wait for the Skill Mana update, Skill Equip System, The only difference is that their is no max Dom and it recovers automatically by a set number (which you can define) and as far as another command, well, your on your own for that one unless their is some kind of cross compatibility between this and tricksters rewrite of the advance commands script

Abbey

That's not what I was asking for, but thanks for helping me come up with a clearer way of explaining it.

I want it to have a max DOM depending on each person.
What I meant by #7 was that each skill you equip lowers it. Lets say Bob the Librarian has a DOM of 7. He's equuipped with a Good Book, which has the skills:
Code:
Skill:                           DOM
 Cure                             2
 Heal                             2
 Dust                             5
If he had Dust equipped, he's have 2/7 DOM left. That means he'd only be able to use Dust and whichever of the two remaining ones he had equipped.

Sorry for not being more specific. I don't necessarily need a new menu option, but it would be nice.

To whoever decides to script this (if anyone does): Just make it easy to call the Skill Equip screen so I can add the option.

Oh, and an addition: I don't want it to be SDK (none of my other scripts will function with the SDK).

Heh, Trickster is working on a Skill Equip System as we speak, as far as the book, I am guessing that can be covered by The Equipment Skills script (The AP one) you can set it so that characters can't permanently have the skill. I think that he is making exactly what you asked for, since it sounds similar to what I request a week and a half back. (Yes I am still waiting for that script, and the Skill Mana update as well)

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.