Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Do you play any instruments?

I'm a gifted piano player and a mediocre guitar player. I've always wanted to learn how to play the violin, but violins are expensive. Maybe in a few years. Currently I'm practicing Rachmaninoff's Moments Musicaux No. 4 in E minor.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WhLDse5R8dQ

moog

Sponsor

im a percussion performance major that's hopefully graduating soon

along with that though i play guitar and piano ;D

I play piano and own two guitars. I really want to get into drums though, but I don't know how the hell I'd practice given I live in halls most of the time and at home I'm in a semi detatched with a baby next door.

Fusty

Sponsor

I was learning drums a long long time ago but gave up on it because my teacher was an ass.
Lately I've been thinking about learning to play the guitar but I probably won't because it takes too much time that I'm not willing to put into it. :P (God I wish I could become a pro in a day)

Ive been learning to play piano for quite some time and i have a really terrible keyboard but its all practice.

I used to be able to play the cello but i gave up on that years ago. One thing I really wanted to learn to play was saxophone it just always looked kind of cool to play.

Perihelion":k6q701qy said:
I used to play clarinet. Wish I'd picked piano or flute instead.
Clarient is obviously the most superior woodwind I think you are mistaken
emot-colbert.gif

I used to play piano when I was little (had to practice at home on a terrible keyboard though vOv ) but have lost most of my piano-playing ablilites. I was lucky enough to go to the only elementary school in the county that had an instrumental music program, which means instead of recorders we got to play trombones and flutes and stuff! I played the tenor sax for three years until I got to high school, then I switched over to clarinet when I joined the concert band because we were desperately short. And I've been playing clarinet ever since.

I'd love to get good at the oboe but there can only be one in our band. Only one.

regi

Sponsor

I'm a classically trained pianist, though I'm looking into learning jazz, which sounds refreshingly new and fun right now. I've also tried viola and drums for a year each; the latter is pretty fun to play, but I don't think I'll be getting a drumset anytime soon. My friend is also teaching me ukulele, which is a pretty awesome instrument.

candle

Sponsor

I was a percussionist in high school, but i haven't picked up the drums since. I never learned how to play a set, though.

If I ever had the time and patience, I would love to learn how to play the piano and the fiddle (not the violin)

i'd love to be able to play all instruments, if i ever get as rich as i plan to be i'll make myself a room with a fuckton of instruments, and good acoustic.

at this moment i'll just stick to earning money and playing piano with computer instruments through vst's

I saw the most amazing pink stratocastor style guitar in the pawn shop today! I was going to buy it but realised what a waste that would have been.

Saying that, my sister is trying to sell her pink strat, now that I don't have to feel embarassed at slightly girly things I could always buy that off her. I don't think it's a good quality though, it's a cheap make like my own (vanilla black) one.

57179_l.jpg

Ares

Amy Pond":2jsc2qx4 said:
I saw the most amazing pink stratocastor style guitar in the pawn shop today! I was going to buy it but realised what a waste that would have been.

Saying that, my sister is trying to sell her pink strat, now that I don't have to feel embarassed at slightly girly things I could always buy that off her. I don't think it's a good quality though, it's a cheap make like my own (vanilla black) one.
-image-
(It's a squier bullet strat, right? I think that's the only one that comes in pink)
If you're going to play it just for fun i think you'll enjoy it, but if you want to become a more 'serious' guitar player you might want to get something better now.

I've played guitar for almost 7 years, and I play bass (that's actually quite the same). I also play a bit of drums and piano. I've never learned actual piano techniques, but I like to figure songs out and play them every once in a while. Unfortunately I don't own a drumkit so there's no way I can really improve as I've only got access to a drum kit 1 hour a week...
I own 6 guitars (only 3 of them are actually good guitars), I mainly play on my gibson les paul :shades:

moog":3hs8etj0 said:
if you want to learn drums, get a practice pad. they're pretty cheap

I've seen a few but don't know anything about these things - how much would you recommend spending (assuming a low budget)?

moog

Sponsor

Id say maybe $20, not sure how much that is in pounds, but its not that bad for a pretty decent one. Drumsticks are about 5-10 bucks, so for 25-30 bucks you can take up drumming :D

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.