Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

DMS edit

Hello there.

I am looking for a very simple script that will edit the DMS to remove the selection highlight and shift over the selected character's information over to the right when selected, as shown in the image below:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v312/ ... ki/t2t.png[/IMG]

As you can see, I am trying to eliminate the the use of highlighted selections in my game's main menu (I would like to keep the selection highlight in the other submenus.)

I'm sure this would be easy to script, but being that my knowledge of scripting is pretty much none, I could really use the help.

I'm guessing this could probably be achieved by using two different windowskins for the menu? Maybe one for the main menu without the highlight and another for all other submenus (with highlights intact).

Hoping this doesn't sound too noobish, and I will really appreciate any help I can get with this.

Hope to hear from someone soon.
----Ishbuu

If you don't want to show the highlight you need to edit your windoskin but without the highlight you will not know on which command like item ecc will the cursor be my sugestion just edit the windowskin and change the colour

Mac

You could do something like,

Code:
if selectable index = 0
draw_whatever = 200
else
draw_whatever = 0
end

That won't work of course, its just an example of how to do it using if statements.

@ Mac:
Well, the thing is I can't script.

@ Reaper*:
I know I can take off the highlight in the windowskin.
The script I am asking for should have a different windowskin for just the main part of the menu to eliminate the highlight and move over the selected character status.

There was a script like this but i don't remmember what it's named sorry i think it consisted with active message system because in the beggining of the script you had to choose which windowskin see when talking,menu ecc so it's good for you

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.