Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Dim Light In Room

So I'm playing this really cool rmvx game I downloaded off of a Japanese site. It has loads of cool features, but I was wondering, is there anybody that could make a script allowing a room to have this effect?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v234/ ... htRoom.jpg[/img]

Also would anyone be able to make a script that allows the player to have a light on him (sort of like a cave light effect) allowing him to see about 3 blocks around him? If you could that would be awesome. I can't seem to find a script so far for it.

Well, I'm not familiar with VX, but I know that in XP there is a fog graphic that is shaped like that. If there's something like that in VX, you can probably just mess with the colors and get that effect.

Don't hold me to this, of course. Just thought I'd throw it out there just in case...

As for the spotlight, I'm sure you need a script for that, and I'm C++, not Ruby. ^_^

You don't need a script. Just a picture and a few variable knowledge.

http://i35.tinypic.com/5ocbt.png[/img]

Add that picture to your project.

Don't know if this will work in VX, but this is an XP tutorial. ^_^
Code:
1. Create two variables, one called "Player Screen X" and the other "Player Screen Y".
2. Create an event with these event commands, set it at parallel process.
3. Control Variables:-
  - Variable: Single | Player Screen X
  - Operation: Set
  - Operand: Character: Player | Screen X
4. Control Variables:-
  - Variable: Single | Player Screen Y
  - Operation: Set
  - Operand: Character | Player | Screen Y
5. Control Variables:-
  - Variable: Single | Player Screen X
  - Operation: Sub
  - Operand: Constant | 641
6. Control Variables:-
  - Variable: Single | Player Screen Y
  - Operation: Sub
  - Operand: Constant | 481
7. Then use the show picture command for the picture I provided.

Hopefully this will work in VX, enjoy.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.