Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Different Races

me again. xD
this time I wanted to know if there is (or if someone could make) a script that allows certain actors and monsters to have certain races each, like so
Actor_race=>[[1, 4], [3, 2]]
in this case, 1 and 3 are the actors and 4 and 2 are the races
and for monsters
Monster_race=>[2, 3, 4, 5, 8, [4]]
in this case 2, 3, 4, 5, and 8 are the monsters and 4 is their race
and also to configure the races

race_numbers=>[1, 2, 3, 4]
if 1 then
  show race_name='Elfen'
if 2 then
  show race_name='Dwarven'

and so on, also is there could be special race equips, skills and whatnot, like so

if race_number = 1
  then
    show skill_seperator='Elfen Skills'
    show skills=[2, 6, 8]
  end
end
else

in this case skill numbers 2, 6, and 8 appear under the 'Elfen Skills' directory, and for equips..

if race_number = 1
  then
    race_equipables = {
[0, [2, 4, 5, 9]], [1, [3, 4, 5, 6]]
}
  end
end
if else
  then
    show_text 'You are not Elfen, you cannot equip this.'
  end
end

in this case 0 means weapons and 1 means helmet, so those are only equippable to Elfs, and if you arent an Elf, it shows a message
also it goes without saying that there has to be some way to set the actor's race, this I havent thought of, though
and, if it could be compatible with the following scripts
Blizzard's StormTronics CMS (Main Menu edit) with the custom equip screen on true,
Blizzard's Tons of Addons Script, the Weapon Skill seperation on, the others dont matter,
and if you feel like going the extra mile,
Guillaume777's Multi-Slot Equipment Script (if it needs to be, if it doesnt, then disregard this part)

thanks guys :thumb:

cairn

you know, this actually can be done in the database, you just create 2 classes with the same name, like:
Fighter
Fighter
In one of them you put an element like Elf/Human/Dwarf or whatever thing you want. Then you make only certain items to be equip able by that class. Really, thats just an database edit.

hmm, I've never thought about that, thanks!
EDIT: but then how do I get it to show an enemy's race? and how do I get it to show on the Main menu > character status screen? =\

but in my game, the races are preset, unless that is I can find a character customization screen, then I'll really need this script (I cant beleive I just remembered the custom thing >_<)
ah well.. I might as well start searching for a character customization screen =\
but if anyone could help me with this, it would be much apreciated

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.