Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Different Item Bags for Multiple Parties Script

I was wondering if anyone has a script which is responsible in storing the items of a specific party in one bag while another separate party would have their own separate item bag. I would also appreciate it if this script was capable of combining item bags together. For example, suppose party A has 3 potions and party B has 2 ethers, then the script would be able to add both bags together (3 potions + 2 ethers) once the two parties join together.

Thanks

In my test bed beta (in signature), i have a party switcher and multi-party system built right in. You don't even have to use the switcher if you don't want to. It can keep different item bags and such if you deserve, share the items, or just have unique anything it can (other scripts addons, this only works in theory).

Let me know if you are intertest or need any help.

Hey SephirothSpawn,

First and foremost, thank you greatly for helping me. Your party switching script I believe has exactly what I need and is perfect for my game.

I wanted to test it out before anything, but I realized that it is necessary that I take all four SDK parts and the Method and Class Library with the MACL folder. So I did, however an error popped up which surprised me since the comments of your test bed v.4 beta said that there were no errors.
The error says the following:
Script 'Method & Class Library' line 47: LoadError occurred.
No such file in to load -- Array_2D.rb

I am guessing I am missing a file, if so where can I obtain it to use your script?
Moreover, I examined your script (the party switching script) and I have a few questions:
What is the difference between reserve members and global reserve members?
I am a bit confused on how you would create an extra party. When I look at the necessary party parameters, I understand how you say that you have the keyword such as 'actors' and then you put in a value... but I am not sure how you call all this in the single call script event. Would you mind just giving me an example.
Also, when you add an actor to a party or remove an actor from the party, I do not understand exactly what the index is and how it works?
And finally, I am guessing that you can have as many extra parties as one desires, right?
I know it's a great deal of questions... it's just that it is such a wonderful script and I would be honored to use it for my game.

Thank you immensely for your concern already,
AAAprentice

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.