Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

dedicated game server

How to make remote desktop use different IP address then my dedicated game server? I run a public gaming server and want to make my security better. My dedicated server has multiple IP addresses. How can I make the game server use a different IP address then the remote desktop to the dedicated server uses? Do I need to enable the extra IP addresses or should they already be enabled and should work just by using one of those on the server rather then what remote desktop is using?

If you are forwarding and using ports correctly then you should be able to do:
your.external.ip.address:PORTNUMBER

And port-number is different for every application, so your server would have one port number and the remote desktop would have another, so they would need to know the port of your remote desktop to be able to jack into it.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.