Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Death script

I want a script so when your team all die you will get transformed into a ghost/wisp after the battle of course and be transported to the nearest town or tomb.

When near a tomb a ghost or a angel will let you get alive by giving him money. The more you die the more it will cost you plus some status alignments, but i think that can be done in event the last bit.

There's two ways of getting back alive.
1] You can go by walk and find the body or something else on the ground and if you choose this it will not cost you anything but will not be full hp & mp just 5%(must be custimized to see if it's not too low or high)

2] By talking to the spirit ghost in the tomb or angel i prefer an angel. As i already said it will cost you money and everytime you die it will cost more and more. Plus the more you die not only the gold will be more but you will start with status alignments like silence,ecc.

*cough**cough* World of Warcraft....jk, sound like a grat idea but it seems complicated mabey you could simplify it a little bit by making one referance point that you are telepoted to and go from there rather than being teleported to each seperate town you have in the game. you might have to put a simle referance event in each town and that would would be the spot that you are telepoted to....if i find somehing that could help you ill let you know

Well you can't do it through events unless you plan on eventing every single battle encounter.

SephirothSpawn wrote a game over to inn script that you can easily customize. I'm too lazy to search for it for you though.

Oblivion3794- (I know i got this idea from world of warcraft but if it was abit different the idea could have been from the sims 2 of ps2.When you die you become a ghost and can scare people in the sims2 a friend told me i don't know for sure i don't have it.)

I know that is hard to teleport to every town visited but if you will become a ghost near the body then i need to remove the feature to be back alive if you find the body.The idea you said it will still be good since you will still be teleported to some where far of the body.

And as Diedrupo said this script can be started by custimizing the gameover to inn script by SephirothSpawn.

And btw i'm not a script the only thing i can script is the visualization of the menu and that's all.

Diedrupo;268163 said:
Well you can't do it through events unless you plan on eventing every single battle encounter.

SephirothSpawn wrote a game over to inn script that you can easily customize. I'm too lazy to search for it for you though.

I have done it through events easily and it only needs that Inn Script. I didn't event every battle.

PeteD2S;268389 said:
I have done it through events easily and it only needs that Inn Script. I didn't event every battle.

If you used the Inn script, then you had to have done it with scripting, eh?

If you say that you can do it with events, that implies not using any custom scripts like Sephy's.

All Reaper needs to do is use that script (which you didn't mention in your post) and then customize it appropriately, though it sounds like he will need assistance in doing so.

I am at work right now but I might take a crack at this when I get home.

I know this script is for a game like abs or sort of world of warcraft.

Those type of scripts will need something like this to be more real.Like if you wake up near the monster that killed you he may be there and when you revive he will start attack you again.

It has good use in my game and for others too i think but not for the deafult battle systems ecc..

RPGBdesign;268508 said:
I like the idea but kinda ruins the game over use.

Game overs are stupid anyway. RPGs that revive you somewhere when you die are much better than RPGs that throw all of your time spent dungeoning out the window just because your party died.

That's the most thing i hate in the default battle system that if you haven't saved you lose all if you die.
But since i'm using the auto-save script i can wake up with the help of this script in the last visited tombs since i don't want it to be teleported near the tombs so you can wake up there or go search for the body.

Diedrupo;268488 said:
If you used the Inn script, then you had to have done it with scripting, eh?

If you say that you can do it with events, that implies not using any custom scripts like Sephy's.

All Reaper needs to do is use that script (which you didn't mention in your post) and then customize it appropriately, though it sounds like he will need assistance in doing so.

I am at work right now but I might take a crack at this when I get home.

The script is obviously needed because if you die in a non modified game, the game over screen will appear and there is nothing you can do. I just need to remove the game over, that's all. I already have the event system to recreate the effect of WoW resurrection.

I don't know of any script like that :(

[Edit]

Maybe remove scene_gameover from scene_battle don't know the number though i think number two.

And btw if you are using that script i doesn't need to remove the gameover part. In the gameover to inn that it's named by itself instead of gameover you get teleported to an inn.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.