Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Dead Content Dark Era: Elements Of Life

Dead content awaiting restoration.
Because Murdaar told him that it's possible... (and he happens to trust him, because he doesn't have another choice).

Uh, I played this, and I don't recall him saying anything of the sort(of course, my memory isn't the best.).  :mad:

You see, a game that's good in your eyes, means that it's a really good game, so I could do with a lot of your suggestions.

If that wasn't sarcasm, then I'll have to tell you to stop. You're inflating my ego too much.  :P

Alright, now I'm not too sure about a Custom Userbar, because I completely suck at making them. However, I do know people who can make them, so yes, you'll probably get one.

Sweet.

By the way, you have MSN or something, because I need a lot of your suggestions.

Hmm, I dunno. I'll have check. I might, but if I do, it's been a long time. I'll get back to you on that with a PM.

I would try to complete whatever else there is to do, here, but the direction fix makes it impossible to go into the water, and I don't like that.  :(

Try uploading it again, with some of the errors fixed. Oh, and if you could send me a save file, that would be nice.  ;)

Sic Semper Tyranosaurus":1b37vmn2 said:
Personally, I'd play it because of Bollocks McTestisniff.

Actually, I'd like that, too. O_O I guess I made up an awesome name, without trying.

I would try to complete whatever else there is to do, here, but the direction fix makes it impossible to go into the water, and I don't like that.

This is really strange. I don't know what you did to make that happen, because it seems to be working fine for me. This is, and always was the event code:
http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w73/krypton-knight/EVCode.png[/img]

Also, on a side note: I had promised to show a screen of the modified battle system right. Here it is:
http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w73/krypton-knight/NewBattleSystem2.png[/img]
http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w73/krypton-knight/NewBattleSystem.png[/img]

Here, I'll prove it:
http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m17/ ... walkin.jpg[/img]

As you can see, Alex's sprite is facing up, on a spot where you would normally only be able to face right, or down. It was actually kind of funny, at first, but it's annoying.

Also, it seems you have credited Kiralim for Murdaar's battler, but not Mack for the others(as well as the base for Kiralim's edit.). You really need to fix that.

It's really strange, did you try restarting, because I haven't encountered the same error before.

Also, did you go and talk to the priest from some odd angle? Perhaps it happened because of that?

krypton-knight":204tkfvk said:
It's really strange, did you try restarting, because I haven't encountered the same error before.

That screenshot was taken on my third play with it like that.

Also, did you go and talk to the priest from some odd angle? Perhaps it happened because of that?

Nope, straight on.

Alright, I'll playtest the encrypted version which is provided and tell you the results immediately after that.

EDIT: Oh, and I'm looking for a new avatar so that you stop calling me that >_>

EDIT 2:

THE HELL!.

This isn't anything like what I had tested. None of the movements are getting completed, because of the wretched dash common event. I remember, when I had tested it, I played it without Dash, and then added the feature just before uploading.

Now I understood what this meant:
Look at me when we're carrying on a conversation, stupid NPC!

What is actually meant to happen is that Alex runs ALL the way to his dad, then ALL the way to his mom, and Murdaar speaks to him over there (And he looks at him).

Stupid, stupid dash function!

I guess I might as well change the hero's speed to 4 and get rid of the dash. Oh, and that must be why the the direction fix was on, none of the movements were completing themselves!

I'll upload a fixed version right away, I really apologize for the inconvenience. :'(

You're getting enough compensation charges, because I'm gonna be sending you an unencrypted version of the game through a PM, so that you can fix whatever is wrong :P

And WHY won't you stop calling me Crobat. (Regret even having this stupid avatar...)

Uploading it to Mediafire.

Unfortunately, I can't object to any of what has just been said about this game.

1) The way the story progresses is a bit confusing. It doesn't really explain why the character wants to go on some long adventure, or goes into any detail of what is really happening. It just felt like "Oh! Everyone died, I think I'll go off to nowhere with some other guy!"

2) The mapping would have been good if it didn't have so many errors. Almost everywhere I go I see misplaced tiles and things that simply don't make sense. How can the hero live in such a well-developed, two-story home and walk out to find that it's just a tent? Also, observe the following screen:
http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j114/ratty165/stuff/Game%20snapshots/darlera_error.jpg[/img]
Now does that make any sense to you? How could a long stream of water fall out of a... Pond endlessly? IZ IT MAGIK!? Other errors include the hero's home hanging off the edge of a cliff, turning into a tiny little boat to cross a river, and so on.

3) Here's an error I'd like to point out to you: You left the direction fix on, so after you talk to the priest, you are moving while facing one direction (... lol).

4) Why is that cave (the one behind the priest's house) so big and open? It makes it really confusing to navigate through it, as you can't really tell where you are supposed to go. Aside from that, I don't like your menu at ALL! It looks confusing, and it doesn't really explain that you have to press certain buttons to get to an option (I was even confused as how to save your game or quit it).

I honestly think that this game has potential, but you NEED to go back and fix all of this nonsense and listen to your criticizers, which I think you've taken to account by now. (By the way, I love how you used a midi of "Amish Paradise" in the cave. xD)

Ratty524":2783z8kt said:
Unfortunately, I can't object to any of what has just been said about this game.

1) The way the story progresses is a bit confusing. It doesn't really explain why the character wants to go on some long adventure, or goes into any detail of what is really happening. It just felt like "Oh! Everyone died, I think I'll go off to nowhere with some other guy!"

2) The mapping would have been good if it didn't have so many errors. Almost everywhere I go I see misplaced tiles and things that simply don't make sense. How can the hero live in such a well-developed, two-story home and walk out to find that it's just a tent? Also, observe the following screen:
http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j114/ratty165/stuff/Game%20snapshots/darlera_error.jpg[/img]
Now does that make any sense to you? How could a long stream of water fall out of a... Pond endlessly? IZ IT MAGIK!? Other errors include the hero's home hanging off the edge of a cliff, turning into a tiny little boat to cross a river, and so on.

3) Here's an error I'd like to point out to you: You left the direction fix on, so after you talk to the priest, you are moving while facing one direction (... lol).

4) Why is that cave (the one behind the priest's house) so big and open? It makes it really confusing to navigate through it, as you can't really tell where you are supposed to go. Aside from that, I don't like your menu at ALL! It looks confusing, and it doesn't really explain that you have to press certain buttons to get to an option (I was even confused as how to save your game or quit it).

I honestly think that this game has potential, but you NEED to go back and fix all of this nonsense and listen to your criticizers, which I think you've taken to account by now. (By the way, I love how you used a midi of "Amish Paradise" in the cave. xD)

I fixed the movement bugs that were coming up (read my earlier posts as to why), and the fixed version is now up. I encourage to re-download (Really sorry) and then tell me what you think of it. Mapping errors will be fixed in the next demo, and as for the endless waterfalls... I guess I like it like that. I'll change everything else that has been pointed out, but I like the waterfalls, so they aren't going anywhere ;)

Ratty524":21jm4o2d said:
Aside from that, I don't like your menu at ALL! It looks confusing, and it doesn't really explain that you have to press certain buttons to get to an option (I was even confused as how to save your game or quit it).

I actaully got how to use his menu right away.

Anyway, I'm switching to a Ring Menu, because I figured that getting to certain parts of the menu (Like the status window), is quite a problem.  ;)

krypton-knight":ojxrqjpn said:
Anyway, I'm switching to a Ring Menu, because I figured that getting to certain parts of the menu (Like the status window), is quite a problem.  ;)

As much as I find ring menus over-used, and overrated, it will be a big improvement over the god awful CMS that you're employing right now.

Angel777":ojxrqjpn said:
I actaully got how to use his menu right away.

Well, now, aren't you special?

Offtopic: What... the hell. Lum, why'd you remove the santa-hat from that grunty!? It looked so good!  :mad:

On Topic: I'm currently working on revamping the whole game, from the start to fix all the glitches, and stupid stuff. I figured that trying to edit the current project, changing ALL the dialogs, the systems, the mapping errors, AND the cutscenes would be quite a pain. I might as well start anew.

Oh, and Lum, I'll be sending you the unencrypted version of the demo in around an hour.

krypton-knight":29lg60x1 said:
Offtopic: What... the hell. Lum, why'd you remove the santa-hat from that grunty!? It looked so good!  :mad:

Christmas' over, though.  :-\

Oh, and Lum, I'll be sending you the unencrypted version of the demo in around an hour.

Righto, I've sent you a PM, though.

Ratty524":39bvu977 said:

I agree too but when i spoke to chaos he told me that it was the games pre-beta demo.

Thankyou for reporting the glitch but i might be already solved as in the beta testing we found numerous glitches.

Well its a custom menu system if we gave yo the same old menu you call it boring we make a new menu you`ll obviously need to take the pains to understand how it works.
[P.M. me if you want me to  explain  that]

I'm not sure if any of you guys noticed this, but you can get off your boat right outside your tent/house and walk on it.

EDIT: I mean you can get off your boat on the waterfall and walk on it.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.