Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Dark Cloud Weapon Script for VX

Ikarru

I will try to make this as detailed as possible for those who are willing to create this script for me.

Description of what this is

When I say Dark Cloud Weapon Upgrade System, I mean based off of Level 5's game Dark Cloud, there was a build up chart on all the weapons. This was setup as follows...
Weapons had an X amount of slots on it for attachments to go into it.
Weapons leveled up, giving better statistics as it leveled.
Attachments were items that would go into the slots on the weapons.
When the weapon reached max ABS (the weapon's exp), you had the choice to upgrade it and when doing so, all stats went up by one, the name would be for example be <weapon's name> +1, and all attachments that were equipped into the weapon when it was upgraded were still in effect but was put into the weapon forever leaving slots behind. For instance, I have a Broad Sword with 50/50 Exp, and it will not level up automatically, I would have to go to the "Upgrade" option. The status on the attack was 5, but 2 attack was added from an attachment that was on the weapon, taking up all the slots available which was 1. Knowing this, the attack attachment would make the total attack be 7, until upgrading. After the upgrade, the weapon would get the +1 attack bonus for upgrading, making it 8 but the attachment was fused into the weapon making it still have the +2 attachment and leaving a slot open once again for another attachment to be put into place in that one slot.
There was a weapon Build Up chart in which certain requirements were needed to be fulfilled to upgrade the weapon to a different weapon, once again for example the Broad Sword goes into Long Sword if it has 6 attack, 2 defense. The base stats of the Broad Sword being 5 attack, 0 defense. I would have to put an attachment that increases defense by 2 and upgrade it once to make attack raise by 1 by default of the weapons upgrade, thus making it able to be built up to the next grade of weapon.
Weapons were able to be broken down into SynthSpheres, after a weapon having reached level 5 (+5), it was able to be broken itself into an attachment to be put onto different weapons. The attachment would raise whatever stats it already had on it but only 60% of it. So for instance that Broad Sword once again hits +5 and the weapon had no attachments fused into it during upgrading, it's base attack would go from 5 to 10. Then I would use the Synthesize option to break it down into a SynthSphere that would be an attachment that gives 6 attack.

Scripting Database Request
When making my game, I would need a database that would be easy for me to navigate and to create more weapons. I would prefer the script to have the following...
~ID of items to be attachments
~Attachment ID = (Attack increase, Defense increase, Spirit increase, Agility increase)
~Weapon ID Base Statistics = (Attack, Defense, Spirit, Agility, Slots)
~Weapon ID Max Statistics = (Attack, Defense, Spirit, Agility)
~In the script, having the experience for the weapon of leveling being 2x the original, ex. 50 then 100 at +1 then 200 at +2 then 400 at +3 etc. The exp must reset to 0 when upgrading.
~Weapon ID being built up = (Weapon ID of build up 1, Weapon ID of build up 2) *If statistics are not met, have the statistics required to be risen shown in red. Make it so that the Slot requirement is not needed but switches the amount of slots. Example - 001 has 2 slots, it's built up and 002 has 3 slots so it changes to having 3 slots instead of 2. No requirement for the 3 slots because it should be impossible to increase slots on one weapon.
~When weapons are being built up, they require the Base Statistics that was defined in the Weapon ID Base Statistics Database.
~If a weapon was not defined for build up, it is at the weapon's final form and cannot be built up.
~Monster ID = Weapon EXP given
~If it is possible, make it so that the new weapons being upgraded and being broken down do not take spots in the weapons / items list (000-999) I know if someone was to play long enough they will have an error because of the limit exceeded. xD
~Making the weapon SynthSphere (mentioned above) give only 50% rounded up if half would = .5

Menu Changes
~Replace the "Equip" Command into the "Weapon" option. Which leads to a window that looks like this.
This shows the weapon's bars and if it was +1 and such.

I hope this was as descriptive (and lengthy xD) enough made to be able to create this script. If you have any questions, feel free to reply the question, I will answer. Thanks in advance to anyone who agrees to create this.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.