Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Damagecount Delay script, or something similar.

Greetings Scripters.  :shades:

I've been experimenting with a few scripts for a while in RPGVX, and i have a few skills which have a "delay of impact" or a long animation.
Now my question is, if there is a possible way or simple script to let the game know that certain skill ID's show the damagecount at a specific frame/moment?
I'm currently working with the SBS 2.7 battle system script, but from my knowledge there isn't much of a possibility to let that one know which ID's show the damagecount at what time.

It's always bugging me that the damage shows directly on the first frame, and not let players wait until the animation ends or when the time of impact is.
It has this certain way of feeling that players are hoping to survive a strong attack. It makes the battles more "Epic" and less rushed.. if you catch my drift  :tongue:

Any ideas or suggestions would be delightful.  :thumb:

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.