Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Damage variables display in ABS

pe7er

Script Request Template

Script Title:
Damage variables display in ABS
RMXP:
Detailed Description:
OK so i need to be able to see the damage which has been done in my ABS system. Though my ABS is completely trough events...
I Show damage trough animation atm, and im sick of making those animations ( i made 4 of 'em :haha:) ........My only custom script is the one showing my HUD.
Anyway, the damage is dealt trough variables. so in the end i have 2 variables; pain (damage dealt to hero) and Damage Counter (damage dealt by hero). when a monster touches the hero it will set the pain variable then the pain switch. My common event has a conditional branch when pain switch is on followed by a conditional branch for every variable which the pain variable can be followed by an animation of that amount of damage. Same goes for the monsters exept the switch is different for every monster.
So basicly what i need is: a script that shows 1 of those 2 damage variables at the time someone gets hit.

please tell me if i'm not clear enough, or need to add more info on my ABS.

Thanks.
Screen shots:
none

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.