Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Cutom Exp Script needed

Alrighty this sounds simple and im hoping it is. Well, what i need is a script that overides the database exp gain and curve, and make it so i set what level ALL of the party levels up at. Reason being, is that im making a D&D campaign and then turning it into an rpg. So i want it to be as close as possible.

for example levels 1-5 are as follows

level 1 = 0 xp
level 2 = 1,000
level 3 = 3,000
level 4 = 6,000
level 5 = 10,000

if anyone could help me with this that would be great!

Code:
class Game_Actor < Game_Battler
  def make_exp_list
    @exp_list[1] = 0
    @exp_list[2] = 1000
    @exp_list[3] = 3000
    @exp_list[4] = 6000
    @exp_list[5] = 10000
  end
end
And soo on, does that help?

Fomar0153;265150":2p75srbk said:
Code:
class Game_Actor < Game_Battler
  def make_exp_list
    @exp_list[1] = 0
    @exp_list[2] = 1000
    @exp_list[3] = 3000
    @exp_list[4] = 6000
    @exp_list[5] = 10000
  end
end
And soo on, does that help?

Someone did something like this a year (or 2?) ago using a .txt file. It's the same methode, but in a more organized way.

Reaper*;265598 said:
So you need to write what Fomar0153 posted in the text files?

No he was commenting on someone using text files with a method similar to mine. If you want to set the experience values manually just use that bit of script I wrote and change the values and add more lines until you reach the maximum level. Hope that helps.

In order for Dargors script to work you have to have a file in the Data Folder of your game called EXP_Curve_Actor-id-.rxdata [I believe you can change this if you want to]. All you do is make a .TXT file and place your values in it. Like so:

So the first Five levels will have the above values for their max Exp Value. With that finished you have to now give it an ID number. This number corresponds to the ID number of the character that will be using this new curve you made. So the name of the file will be: EXP_Curve_Actor1.txt, for the character is the first Characters slot. Just repeat and change the ID number for all characters in your game. Now, with that done, all you have to do is change the .TXT to a .RXDATA and your done.

Ok thanks i didn't taught i had to put only numbers, shame of me.

I thought they were something like this:
[1] 40
[2] 100 ecc..

[Edit]

On a second taught i won't use this since it doesn't change the exp in the status in my hud it's already starting with 0 exp without this script.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.