Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Custom Weapon and Skill System

Yes, looks like I'm back...w/e. CA was too slow and I need fast! So here's the deal! I need a Skill system scripted up for my game. I will do my best to explain. The best example I can give is Final Fantasy IX's system. It does have some differences, so please read!

Main Features
-Uses Orbs to 'Equip' skills. I would need a variable that designates these orbs, and can have it raise at the following equation each level: Lvl + 2. These orbs are used like a currency to equip skills. These orbs, however, are not consumed. They are temporarily borrowed. When you go to equip the skill it takes away the required orbs from your 'pool' of orbs.
-These orbs are borrowed until the skill gains enough Ability Points to lock. Once the skill is locked it can be used whenever, and the borrowed orbs are returned to the pool of orbs.
-Each character has their own individual pool of orbs. They equip skills and orbs independently from each other.
-AP is gained by defeating enemies in battle. AP is the monsters EXP divided by 3. Each skill has a set amount of AP needed to learn.
-Now some more stuff! Certain weapons have skills equiped to them. These skills become 'part' of the AP system and only become locked if they gain enough AP WHILE equiped. If the weapon is unequiped before the skill is locked the skill cannot be used.

Weapon Features
-Weapons can equip skills like above. They also have an HP. This HP is used to show it's quality. The HP decreases 1 point for every weapon attack, and 5 for every skill with a 85% Attack Influence. Once it reaches zero the weapon breaks. I'll need a message to appear after a battle and it sees if you have a broken weapon.
-Weapons weaken physically when the HP decreases. The weapon will lose 5% of its ATK every HP lost. The weapon HP will be shown to the right to it's name, and if possible compatible with Cogwheel Bars. The HP should read: 'No./TOTAL' in numerics.
-Armors also have HP. Armor loses 1 HP every hit, and 2 every skill hit. Armor has all the same window attributes that Weapons have. I need a simple way to identify HPs, possible in an equation 'Wep.'s ATK/2.5' or 'Arm. MDEF + PDEF/2',with some notation in the beginning of the script.

The differences between this and the FF9 system are the AP system and the following features:
-Certain skills can be learned without using orbs. Thus, there must be a way to denote the skills by orbs or no orbs. And the various Orbs and AP they require.

Here is a mock up of what I would like some various screens to look like:
Character Skill Screen
http://img231.imageshack.us/img231/9328 ... dowsi0.png[/img]
Character Equip Screen
http://img220.imageshack.us/img220/9705 ... dowrn8.png[/img]

I will give some more details if someone is willing to do it. These should be good enough to get the gist. I am not the scripting savvy so if there is any complications I can work around it by changing the system a bit.

Appreciate it,
Mundane

OS

Sponsor

If no one fills this I will do it after my next few requests. To see where you stand in my Next In Line list, go to the Owesome Scriptor's Request thread. Peace!

OS

Sponsor

I have a question about Orbs;

~Do Orbs upgrade at LevelUp, or are they awarded to the player through events, or both, or what? It looks like they are added at each level in your description, but I want to be sure.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.