Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Custom Save System

I've come up with a rough sketch of how I would like it to look. The picture is attached. Now, I will explain it in words.

Based on both the FSBSS and Squalls 99 save script. I like the idea of being able to both choose a name and save it, and have a set amount of memory you can save too, kinda reminds me of memory cards. Ah, consoles. Now, that I have mentioned where my ideas come from, and you have a picture to go by, I can describe to the best I can on what I would like to be done! Oh, and thanks scripters, you guys rock. :D

First, when saving files, they must be saved in a folder called "Saves". (Without the parenthesis.) Now, it would be easier, like the FSBSS, to have configuration options, which would be appreciated. Configuration options as followed:

Max MB usage: (define here)
Save extension: (define here)
Max file name: (define here)
Save folder: (define here)

Those are pretty much the only configuration options I need. Reminds you of FSBSS, eh? Well, most of the configuration options are from that script, except the save to folder anyways.

Now, what the FSBSS script lacks is detail, which Squalls script contains. (Although its old, out-dated, and no longer compatible with my game.) On the left, shows a list of save files, and then in the end, you can create a new save file. (Like FSBSS!) The input method from FSBSS is great, one like that would be nice.

Now, for the right, to the top, information on the characters. I was a bit limited in the screen shot, so I'll be able to give you everything I desire. First, character portraits, like the ones that are one the map, if you could animate it, that would be awesome! If not, front view would be nice. Underneath, Name, with the HP and SP bars below. Gradient bars would be a plus, not exactly required. For the HP and SP bars, please no text. (What I mean is, no 546/347 HP, none of that, thanks!)

To the top right of the character portrait, the level. Just the number, no Lvl: 1, just 1. Again, it's hard for me to do that in paint, I just did a general look of things. To the right of Character 1, would be Character 2. Underneath Character 1 and 2, are 3 and 4 respectively.

Now, under all four characters, is three lines of information. First line is the Save Date/Time. (I have the script calls, look further down.) Underneath the Date/Time, would come the Location. (I've got script calls for that too.)Ignore in the picture PlayTime. (I forgot I replaced Window_PlayTime with the date/time script to see that instead in the menu!

Now, underneath everything else, comes a snapshot of the map you saved on. It would be appreciated a snapshot of the exact spot you saved on, minus the character, or just a general snapshot of the map. Whichever is easier.

Now, for the script calls I said I had.

Date/Time:
# This will draw the time.
self.contents.draw_text(4, 0, 120, 32, "Time: " +$ats.clock)
# This will draw the exact date.
self.contents.draw_text(4, 16, 120, 32, "" +$ats.full_date)

self.contents.draw_text(4, 0, 120, 32, "Location: " + $game_map.map_name)

Now those specifically, or very similar have to be used, because those are used in conjunction with the scripts I use. Thank you very much, and if you require any more information, feel free to ask!

samneye said:
no offence but it looks like no one is interested
Yet sadly, accidental offense occurs alarmingly often.

Reaper*;244337 said:
And you call that no offence maybe no one had time for a request instead of flamming a thread it was better if you didn't posted.':|
I agree...

Though, by bumping it every week or so, maybe someone who is interested may take it up. Again, I'm not forcing anything down someones throat, so I can patiently wait. I am in no rush.

And secondly, by posting samneye, I actually thought someone might have shed some light on this predicament, but obviously I was wrong. Good day (well very early morning for me) to you two. ':|

BUMP

I believe I have waited the amount of time needed. I will be updating this post with what I hope to be a better picture.

EDIT: This should contain all the information that could possible be needed. ENJOY!

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.