Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Custom Menu System Script Request (CMS)

Nolund

Sponsor

Alright, this could potentially be a bit of a big script, but I'm not entirely sure.

What I need is a script made for RMXP that will do the following:

The system I want would be similar to that used by Seiken Densetsu 3. For those unfamiliar to the game, when a player hits the menu button, it brings up a menu with different sections. Players can move through sections by hitting the arrow buttons (but if they choose to do something in a certain section (i.e. change equipment) that takes precedence).

The starting point would show the party members, with HP/SP, Gold, Day/Time. Using SD3 as an example, here is what I'm looking for:

MainWindow.jpg

For my own system, I would like something as similar to that as I can get, except with 4 player areas instead of 3 (these would remain empty until the party member fills it).

The next section I would require is the Equipment section, which would look something like this:

EquipWindow.jpg

Again, I would like this to be as close to the SD3 layout as possible. For beginning layout (as in, before you choose which character to change the equipment for) use the same layout as the main window, except, without the gold or day/time settings.

Next I would like a stats window, to show the physical statistics of each player. It would look something like this:

StatusWindow.jpg

Because my game will install a class promotion system, the tree on the right-hand side would need to stay. Once again, same sort of layout as the main window, and when you choose your character, this layout gets brought up.

The other two sections I don't really have templates for, as neither of them are really in the SD3 system the way I want them to be. One is for items, the other is for magic/skills. So long as they look like they fit, I will be happy.

Obviously I would also like the little "minimap" in the corner that shows which sections are which.

I do NOT, however, want a save option, as saves will have to be done at certain points in the game.

I understand that this is probably a big task, but if somebody is up to it, I would really appreciate it.

Fix your images. That site does not allow hotlinks.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.