Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Custom menu, fullscreen issue.

Fate

Hi,

I currently have a custom menu for my game, and I also have set up a fullscreen script. However, the game does run fullscreen but with the actual game still in 640x480 window. I have been reading and its something about my computer not supporting 640x480? Can anyone help me with this will be much appreciative .

Thanks
Fate.

Some monitors / graphics cards simply won't support it. There are things you can do - editing your screen resolution in the registry rather than through Windows - but that is a lot of work just for a quick thing...

I'm not sure that anybody has ever made a script to change the full screen resolution. I think you might be stuck.

Are you using RMXP? (If so you're probably even more stuck).

A vast majority of pcs support it fine, so I'd suggest to develop it without auto-fullscreen and when you go to upload it somewhere, re-enable fullscreen in that release. Even if it doesn't work for you, it works for most other people and if you manage to get onto a rig that supports it, you'll be able to experience it yourself.

Fate

I know, it's really frustrating as I want to be able to experience it for myself to test the game. You see as it's genre is horror, you cannot indulge in the full experience without it being fullscreen. I'm continuing my search now to resolve this issue. Thanks for the help.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.