Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Custom Isometric Movement

Hello, I have a great request.
Actually I would like to know if it's somehow possible to have custom
movement for an isometric game.

For now, the eight direction script allows me only to move in 45 degrees.
But actually I would like to have my characters moving in 30 degrees, or even 15 degrees.
Is that possible?

Thanks in advance!

Bump, I really need help with this, otherwise my project will still stand by.
I really need to know how to use isometric view at 15 degrees using rmxp.
I'm not sure if it's possible.
Actually I will be making custom characters so I need to know.
I'm ready to pay for the script
Thank you

let me tell what i think, aside from a more precise pixel movement script, you will need to create characters with more than 8 directions. A very hard spriter task especially when your template is small. Plus, the character will be moving basically 3d, i think that's not isometric anymore. Well, i just hope there is one to be released soon!

Actually the sprites aren't being difficult to draw (sorry for sounding arrogant lol)
I used the pixel movement script, and the character walks in 60 degrees, just like in Diablo. I hope I'll be able to release a short demo of this soon.
Thanks goes to the scripters here though for their awesome work!

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.