Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Custom Battle System

So ive been playing SWAT & Zombies on my phone and I enjoy it so much id like some scripts to resemble how it works. Below is a reference for what the map will look like during gameplay with the areas' labled so I can point out what is being done where.

GameReferen_zpsf7f1227d.png

Area 4:
This area is where the player's units are placed, a 3 x 3 square to allow for 3 rows of units to fight off the monsters. The player need sto be able to select which row there unit will be placed in when they purchase the unit. The units are split into 3 types: Warriors, Archer, and Mages. Each unit type can only be placed in a specific column. Warriors can be placed only in the front column, archers the middle, and mages in the last column. If there are no units and a monsters makes it past this area then the player will lose the game.

Area 1,2, & 3:
These areas are where the players units are able to attack the monsters. Area 1 is where Warriros are able to attack. Archer may attack monsters in areas 2 and 3. Mages are able to attack monsters in all 3 areas. When monsters reach area one they will stop and begin attacking IF a unit is placed in the front column, if no unit is there then they will enter that column and attack the next unit. If a monster makes it past area 1 then the units in that row will begin attacking it accordingly. Note: The basic attack assigned to each unit needs to play its animation on the monster that unit is attacking and vice versa.

Area 6:
This is the area where monsters will approach the player.

Area 5:
Area 5 is the area from which monsters are spawned, after being spawned they will begin walking/flying/running towards the players units to attack them.

Now some database information. I prefer to use the noteboxes to set up the units and monsters information, such as if a unit is a warrior, archer, or mage and if a monster walks, runs, or flies. Units and Monsters only need to have all stats checked for attacking/being attacked to calculate damage taken and given. as well as for when the mages use mp. Units and monsters need to have a setting to allow for setting their basic attack which will change their attack animation in game. I think that about covers it, if any more info is needed please feel free to comment ^-^ (And if you do make the script please send it to my inbox!)

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.